Anyone played Supreme Ruler 1936?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Rising-Sun

Anyone played Supreme Ruler 1936?

Post by Rising-Sun »

I got this game back when release, didn't pay much attention to it until now. It does take time to learn how that game work and real time strategy through out the world. Dealing with a lot of things, felt almost like sim city in military concepts. Now I am addicted to it, many hours into it.

http://www.battlegoat.com/supreme_1936.php
Ranger33

RE: Anyone played Supreme Ruler 1936?

Post by Ranger33 »

I have the Ultimate version that has the full timeline. I've tried to get into it a few times, it's has a lot of potential but I haven't quite cracked the difficulty curve.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

I did not like it and feel I paid full price for a half done game then they released another game in the series? WAT thats steeling imo
"Tanks forward"
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

ORIGINAL: Ranger33

I have the Ultimate version that has the full timeline. I've tried to get into it a few times, it's has a lot of potential but I haven't quite cracked the difficulty curve.

It a fun game if you like building things and planning. The tough parts is the economy and keeping your people happy or stable. I had to start over like three or four times, paying attention to resource demands while building things at industries. Believe it is all different, depending on which nation you play. Try pay attention to the market price so you can sell high, even buy low and sell high is good too. One thing you can make some extra cash is selling technology, they may not give you much for it, but going over all nations that doesn't have it, sell it. Becareful not to sell the high end techs to future enemies, esp the military ones.

So far I played this on the fifth rounds, been going on over a week and a year passed by (1937) as Japan. Took me time to organize my units, scrap unwanted buildings and move them in proper place. Also had to do a lot of pausing while running below normal speed.

I will grab Ulimate version someday when it is on sale at Steam. Only playing Japan to 1948 or 50 and see if I can survive without getting my ass kicked by the AIs.
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: RisingSun

I got this game back when release, didn't pay much attention to it until now. It does take time to learn how that game work and real time strategy through out the world. Dealing with a lot of things, felt almost like sim city in military concepts. Now I am addicted to it, many hours into it.

This game is on my "Must Play" list (like many others)! I really enjoy these "Sim" type games, this one looks like you could play it for many years! [:)] Have you posted any game play on YouTube?

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Delaware

Post by Delaware »

If you are interested, buy the Supreme Ruler Ultimate edition as it includes the complete 1936 game as well as Cold War and modern starts. There is no difference between the 1936 start in 1936 and Ultimate
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

ORIGINAL: wings7

This game is on my "Must Play" list (like many others)! I really enjoy these "Sim" type games, this one looks like you could play it for many years! [:)] Have you posted any game play on YouTube?

Patrick

No not yet, depend on what going on. I think most players would like to see the actions rather than tutorial guides.
parusski

Post by parusski »

I have played over 100 hours of Supreme Ruler Ultimate. The learning curve is not too bad and it is worth investing some time to enjoy a good game.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

ORIGINAL: parusski

I have played over 100 hours of Supreme Ruler Ultimate. The learning curve is not too bad and it is worth investing some time to enjoy a good game.

Cool, wondering how far you can from with that expansion? I was told that the economy will get corrupted around mid/late 60's in 1936.

Return to “General Discussion”