Well, Bought it!

The Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 is a new turn-based, tactical wargame that focuses on conflicts in the Middle East.

Moderator: Jason Petho

Grim.Reaper

Well, Bought it!

Post by Grim.Reaper »

Since I have been on the fence back and forth and bothering everyone with my questions, thought me finally purchasing the game was new thread worthy:)

You can thank Budd, countless other people who provided insight, and the most influential action.....the AARs. Both here and at Grogheads, you guys have done an awesome job in demonstrating the capabilities of the game....keep them coming and I am sure you'll even get more customers!

Get ready for a ton of questions as I try to understand this game:)

zakblood

RE: Well, Bought it!

Post by zakblood »

enjoy, i'm sure you have made the right choice[;)]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
budd

Post by budd »

Welcome aboard[:)].....bout dam time. If your a WW2 guy like me get ready for some pain or i just suck could always be the answer. Crossroads and Berto's AAR is great and the new counters look good. Do't forget to activate the mods in JSME especially the black counters, those are sweet.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Grim.Reaper

Post by Grim.Reaper »

ORIGINAL: **budd**

Welcome aboard[:)].....bout dam time. If your a WW2 guy like me get ready for some pain or i just suck could always be the answer. Crossroads and Berto's AAR is great and the new counters look good. Do't forget to activate the mods in JSME especially the black counters, those are sweet.

Yep, going to try and figure out all that mod stuff today...they look very good.
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Thank you for your support, enjoy!![&o]
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

ORIGINAL: Grim.Reaper

Since I have been on the fence back and forth and bothering everyone with my questions, thought me finally purchasing the game was new thread worthy:)

You can thank Budd, countless other people who provided insight, and the most influential action.....the AARs. Both here and at Grogheads, you guys have done an awesome job in demonstrating the capabilities of the game....keep them coming and I am sure you'll even get more customers!

Thank you for your support G.R, it is really appreciated!

You are new to the series, right? Any questions and observations just shoot!

Looking forward to hear how you like it [:)]
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
Grim.Reaper

Post by Grim.Reaper »

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

ORIGINAL: Grim.Reaper

Thank you for your support G.R, it is really appreciated!

You are new to the series, right? Any questions and observations just shoot!

Looking forward to hear how you like it [:)]

Thanks...I own the original series, but really never played in much at all....so for all purposes, I am a newbie. I'll certainly not be shy and ask a lot of questions as I get into it...not sure how much I can do today, but hopefully sometime this weekend.
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

Take your time. Anyway, pressure's off me now on my DAR game then [:D]
---
berto

Post by berto »

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

Take your time. Anyway, pressure's off me now on my DAR game then [:D]
Thread title: Well, Bought it!

And thus ends the hardest sell ever recorded in the annals of Matrix Games.

Whew! That was tough. Okay, Crossroads, you and I can go relax now. Maybe open another icy cold one and raise it in toast of our epic marketing victory?

Grim.Reaper bought it! Grim.Reaper bought the game! Huzzah!!

Enjoy!
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
Grim.Reaper

Post by Grim.Reaper »

What do I win for being the most difficult:) You can add me to the beta test team and I can represent the totally inept player who knows nothing:)
demiller

Post by demiller »

Welcome aboard Grim. Now go blow some stuff up!
AKA panzerde
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

Thank you for your support, Grim.Reaper!

Lots of exciting battles ahead for you.

We're ready for your questions!

Jason Petho
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

Additionally, if you want to start up a PBEM, I'd be happy to show you the ropes!

Jason Petho
Grim.Reaper

Post by Grim.Reaper »

Thanks....I'll see if I can get through some tutorials and battles, then maybe some PBEM. I typically don't play PBEM, but who knows, stranger things have happened:)
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Aw man, you are missing the best part! I too never did PBEM for most of 13 years, when I got into it, wow, soooooo cool playing other folks! Some guys do the darndest things, some guys I like to just keep playing against, we have similar ways of playing and it's more enjoyable than others.
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
berto

Post by berto »

Yes, all that is true. On the other hand, some people are fine with following intermittent, episodic TV series; and other people prefer movies, even movie marathons, the longer the better. I'm in the latter camp. (I haven't watched series TV in over two decades; and haven't watched any TV at all in at least the past five years.)

Likewise, when I play these games, I much prefer the unbroken, continuous nature of solo A/I play. I don't like so much the interrupted, herky jerky nature of PBEM play, sometimes with days in between turns. Much less having to juggle multiple PBEMs at once.

I still find solo A/I play to be, in this way, more immersive, and more suited to my playing style, and life style (where I often don't have the free time during the week to do a PBEM turn). That said, PBEM has its place, a new one in my gaming life, if only a limited one.

(I have other issues with PBEM play. Solo A/I play too. Ambivalence everywhere.)

Different strokes for different folks!
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
devoncop

Post by devoncop »

Hi All

Well this game is a real revelation. For some reason I never really looked at the Campaign series, possibly due to the age of the original engine but huge congratulations to the team on this new game.
The four tutorials I have done are really well thought out and I have gained in confidence in the mechanics of the game engine as I have progressed through the inevitable major defeat (I am looking at you Bootcamp 3!) minor defeats and a satisfying draw and finally a major victory in Bootcamp 4.

All the tutorials have interested me enough for several playbacks each and how many games can say that!

Now onto the game proper....... would you suggest any particular "next step" scenarios or a particualr linked campaign?

Before I finish thanks for the guys doing the AAR's that I was glued to before deciding on my purchase....I am sure many like me have you to thank for taking the plunge into this great series. I now bought the original Campaign series as well so I must be happy!

Cheers

Ian
"I do not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it"
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

Thank you for your support devoncop, it is appreciated and helps us to carry the series forward!

How about, playing as Israelis, first Picnic at Tel Al Ful for an action against a lively Syrian tank battalion, then Into Africa! for action against an Egyptian mixed force. The latter is classified as H2H, but it is good fun, and one where you can actually score a victory albeit only after a good and proper fight [:)]
---
devoncop

Post by devoncop »

Cheers Crossroads

I doubt the Picnic will turn out to be however [;)]

I think given what I have seen with the way helicopters are being implemented that the Vietnam project will be a must buy for me too. It does require real thought (see tutorial 3!) how to use them effectively and safely but also shows how vital they are for mobility.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it"
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

LOS too. Nothing like having a helo flight reconning the road forward. And nothing like blasting opponent's helos out of the sky too [:D]
---

Return to “Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985”