closecombat.matrixgames.com GONE?

Jagdhund

closecombat.matrixgames.com GONE?

Post by Jagdhund »

What happened to this site? I go there for a great list of mods and I don't think that all of them are in the forums.

Just wondering what happened,

-Jag
Tejszd

RE: closecombat.matrixgames.com GONE?

Post by Tejszd »

Unfortunately Matrix stopped updating the website long ago so the mods listed as available, along with the versions, was badly out of date.

It is too bad Matrix didn't support the mod website. The only other CC site is Close Combat Series which has good download and forum sections; http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/index.php

They tend NOT to be supporters of Matrix due to the lack of patching, listening to user feedback and lack of mod support. The above website not being updated for years and then take it down without notice I guess shows they are right???

Edit: on the positive Steve does tend to answer questions in the Matrix forums on how things work for mod makers. Bug posts are another story though; "No date has been announced for an update" or "Issues / bugs will be evaluated next time there is an opportunity to work on these older games."
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

If I recall correctly, there were ownership issues with that website, and Matrix was unable (or unwilling) to maintain it when the creator parted ways with Matrix. I don't think it had been updated in many years.

Steve

Stwa

Post by Stwa »

I am not sure if anyone misses that site. A lot of its material is kept at CCS and/or CSO. The sheer volume of CC related mods and map material just outpaced anyone's ability to maintain same.

Return to “Close Combat Series”