Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1126b updated 17 Sept 2016

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

michaelm75au

RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1125 02 October 2015

Post by michaelm75au »

I have updated the installer with fix to the off-map follow TF problem.
Michael
Admiral DadMan

Post by Admiral DadMan »

Michael, I've always had an issue with enemy ship identification, as in during combat routines (naval, sub, air) each indiviual ship is named. Is it possible to alter this so that only the ship's class is identified?

I imagine that it's not as simple as a few keystrokes, and that the mechanism is quite pervasive.
Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

It's never been possible to give reaction ranges to TFs entering the board from off map boxes either.

Probably not a huge issue, but if you have an opponent who is patrolling your off map entry routes it means you have to stay on top of when the TF will be entering so you can catch it once it enters and give it a reaction range.
Hans

Admiral DadMan

Post by Admiral DadMan »

Question: should a Japanese sub be able to consistently sink empty TK's over 10,000t with ONE torpedo?
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
Barb

Post by Barb »

ORIGINAL: Admiral DadMan

Question: should a Japanese sub be able to consistently sink empty TK's over 10,000t with ONE torpedo?

Why not, consider tanker having its back broken. With little help of ocean this could easily broke the ship in two. The ship could also be considered a "constructive total loss" even if able to remain on surface...
Reg

Post by Reg »

The tanks of empty TKs are full of volatile fumes and not liquid cargo. Not the best thing to be around when a torpedo goes off.... [:(]

I believe that was used as justification for the game mechanics. (IIRC from long ago.)

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

Didn't they use water ballast in these days? They must have known about the somewhat explosive nature of these fumes ......
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
trojan58

Post by trojan58 »

I have real issue with submarines hitting a mine then sailing half way across the map to port. If a submarine hits a mine 99.9% of the time (regardless of damage) the sub should sink. Submarines don't have the reserve buoyancy to survive any kind of major hit to flotation.
There are two types of ships in the world

Submarines and Targets

D.B.F
Admiral DadMan

Post by Admiral DadMan »

Michael, another thought:

Is there a way to implement a "Battle Speed" setting? I know it would need to be an after-the-fact implementation.

I've read in several places that in particular, the IJN's "Battle Speed" was about 23kts, or about 3/4 speed of top speed.

Would there be a way to implement it by enabling a "Battle Speed" button that would take the max speed of the TF and modify it by .75? Fuel consumption would also need to be re-computed,maybe a median of Cruise and Full?

Just a thought.
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

As speed is often used in calculations through out game, this may not be possible at the moment.
Michael
John B.

RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1117 updated 22 September 2012

Post by John B. »

This is great. Thanks so much![&o]
John Barr
Barb

Post by Barb »

ORIGINAL: trojan

I have real issue with submarines hitting a mine then sailing half way across the map to port. If a submarine hits a mine 99.9% of the time (regardless of damage) the sub should sink. Submarines don't have the reserve buoyancy to survive any kind of major hit to flotation.

Submarine hit by mine should be sunk outright - on that I can agree.
On the other hand you would have to balance it somewhat:
- Minefields would have to get into "intelligence reports" to reflect allied intelligence and Magic supplying informations about existing and new minefields...
- how would you implement US Frequency Modulated Sonar used to detect minefields? In late 1944 it was successfully tested and in 1945 tens of subs penetrated Sea of Japan through mine barriers at La Perouse strait and Korea strait and got safely out.( Operation Barney - 9 subs went in, 8 got out... USS Bonefish was lost to surface ASW force...)
Admiral DadMan

Post by Admiral DadMan »

Michael, in the category of "This may be too involved to alter..."

Can CS convoy selection be altered to only require 1 instead of 4 clicks to achieve?

When forming a TF (Cargo, Tanker, Transport, etc) and you want to make it a CS:Basename TF, it is annoying to have to make 4 clicks instead of 1.

As it is now:
1-you click "Human Control" which changes the mode to "Computer Control", which most players never use,
2-so then you have to click "Computer Control" to get "CS:Basename". But wait, now "Mission Speed" moves to "Cruise Speed". Most players want to keep "Mission Speed",
3-so you click it again and it becomes "Full Speed". I don't want full speed unless I'm in a hurry, and if I wanted CS mode, I wasn't in a hurry for it.
4-So you have to click one more time to reset it to "Mission Speed"

What I mean is that you should be able to click "Human Control" and have it go straight to "CS:Basename" with "Mission Speed".

Thanks.
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

Can CS convoy selection be altered to only require 1 instead of 4 clicks to achieve?

When forming a TF (Cargo, Tanker, Transport, etc) and you want to make it a CS:Basename TF, it is annoying to have to make 4 clicks instead of 1.

As it is now:
1-you click "Human Control" which changes the mode to "Computer Control", which most players never use,
2-so then you have to click "Computer Control" to get "CS:Basename". But wait, now "Mission Speed" moves to "Cruise Speed". Most players want to keep "Mission Speed",
3-so you click it again and it becomes "Full Speed". I don't want full speed unless I'm in a hurry, and if I wanted CS mode, I wasn't in a hurry for it.

What I mean is that you should be able to click "Human Control" and have it go straight to "CS:Basename" with "Mission Speed".

Thanks.

A big +1 for this suggested tweak. If it's just a simple matter of altering the order to put CS ahead of Computer Control, that would be awesome.

If the "switch" gets flipped on Mission/Cruise on changing to Computer Control instead of when it changes to CS (from Computer), then an additional fix wouldn't even be necessary if it's possible to put the CS option second in the list.
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

I'll have a look over the weekend.

As it is now:

Thanks.
Michael
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Changes:
1. Can add an extra check when at 'human control' to go 'CS' if a destination is set, or continue to 'computer control'
2. Best option for speed control is to leave it as already set.
Michael
Admiral DadMan

Post by Admiral DadMan »

ORIGINAL: michaelm

Changes:
1. Can add an extra check when at 'human control' to go 'CS' if a destination is set, or continue to 'computer control'
So if a transport, cargo, or tanker (etc.) TF is created, ships added, then destination set, if "Human Control" is clicked, it will go to "CS:Basename" and default to "Mission Speed"?
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: michaelm

Changes:
So if a transport, cargo, or tanker (etc.) TF is created, ships added, then destination set, if "Human Control" is clicked, it will go to "CS:Basename" and default to "Mission Speed"?
Yep, assuming Mission speed is the speed for TF. Just tried it.
Michael
michaelm75au

RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1125 09 October 2015

Post by michaelm75au »

Changed CS-capable TF to ‘Human->CS:’ for control; speed remains as original TF
Fix case where same hex patrol not using endurance (randomise expenditure)
Michael
Yaab

RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1125 09 October 2015

Post by Yaab »

Thanks! Already using and enjoying the new function.

Return to “Tech Support”