What Do You Russian Players Do ?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

c00per

What Do You Russian Players Do ?

Post by c00per »

Ok I noticed that the soviet western front has like 7 army HQ attached to it for 1941-1945. Lets assume you want each army to have 18 command points and 4 armies make your 72 allowed command for the Fronts. I have noticed to reassign the remaining front HQ to stavka or another front costs roughly 40 some odd admin points. What do you other Russian players do with them disband ?
M60A3TTS

RE: What Do You Russian Players Do ?

Post by M60A3TTS »

I don't know what scenario you are looking at, but the 41 campaign has the Western Front starting with 4 armies: 3rd, 4th, 10th and 13th. I typically keep the armies at 18CP and add a fifth army once the CP rises to 90. (18*5)=90. Later in the war most of these armies have 4 rifle corps totaling 16CP so it gives you a little flexibility when factoring in guards armies that get 21CP.
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

Maybe counting the xxx, corps, hq?
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: c00per

Ok I noticed that the soviet western front has like 7 army HQ attached to it for 1941-1945. Lets assume you want each army to have 18 command points and 4 armies make your 72 allowed command for the Fronts. I have noticed to reassign the remaining front HQ to stavka or another front costs roughly 40 some odd admin points. What do you other Russian players do with them disband ?

if you are referring to the late game scenarios that is a problem as neither Stavka nor OKH seem to have read the WiTE rules about command capacity. One solution is to mod the scenarios by giving both sides an opening pool of admin pts to allow a one-off re-organisation but I have no idea how the AI would manage that situation.

For the rest, up to March 42, try to use 4 armies per front and keep each at 18 cp (unless its a shock/gds army). You can have more but that spreads your army level support units quite thinly. Up to March 43, you can have 5 normal armies and army size may vary a bit depending on Shock/Gds/Tank HQs. But you should be able to get most of your army into play without too much Front overloading.

From March 43, you'll tend to find the growing use of corps units reduces the overall CP demand and you gain a bit more capacity at the front level. I tend to find from here on its easy to keep within the Front command level but also that the actual load per Front starts to vary a lot ... I often have a few weakly loaded armies as I've converted/moved stuff around etc.
Gabriel B.

Post by Gabriel B. »

Fronts and staVka are simply there to create a backup for army commanders in case they fell leader checks .

The best chance to pass leader checks, is at the lowest level .
Hence you can have as much armies as you want in a front, as long as the armies themselves are not overloaded .

in 1941 you simply do not have enogh good front comanders to help out , so do not bother with cp limits.

c00per

Post by c00per »

ORIGINAL: M60A3TTS

I don't know what scenario you are looking at, but the 41 campaign has the Western Front starting with 4 armies: 3rd, 4th, 10th and 13th. I typically keep the armies at 18CP and add a fifth army once the CP rises to 90. (18*5)=90. Later in the war most of these armies have 4 rifle corps totaling 16CP so it gives you a little flexibility when factoring in guards armies that get 21CP.

Yeah I figured out the answer and your correct. In the chaos of spring 1941 counter clutter I attached 2 reserve HQ sloppily. I would delete the post if I new how [:)]
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

ORIGINAL: c00per

I would delete the post if I new how [:)]

There is nothing wrong with being silly!

Edit post to delete, but Loki quotes you and you can't do anything about that............
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
loki100

Post by loki100 »

more than happy to delete if you want me to ... but I'd agree, there are no 'silly' questions in a game this complex.

Return to “The War Room”