Forum Rules

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Erik Rutins

RE: Forum Rules

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: bairdlander
You are correct.I have noticed that certain subjects are taboo(anything anti-conservative/Republican opinions get locked)

Clearly then you would not believe how many PMs/e-mails/posts I've received telling me exactly the opposite. The truth is while we are all human, we strive to not allow our own biases to in any way affect the enforcement of the forum rules. What most often happens is that we don't initially notice that a thread has gone out of bounds and when we jump in and finally lock it, some folks assume that the cause was the most recent post there that was "over the line", when usually it's the whole thread or just the direction it's heading regardless of the exact position taken.

I have locked threads where I strongly disagreed with certain posts as well as threads where I strongly agreed, the point was that they were getting to the point where the discussion was no longer civil, had turned political and was just going to generate hard feelings. Our goal with this forum is really just to leave what may be bugging us about the rest of the world at the door and focus on our shared love of these kinds of games. There are way too many places for all the rest of that stuff.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

Thanks for the clarification.Yes,there are plenty of websites to discuss anything you want.That is one of the thing's I enjoy about the net,you can discuss/debate pretty much any topic with people all over the world.
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

Another thought posted in the past but this "Free Speech" debate seems to come up a few times a year.

I use to go to a different game forum. There was virtually no control there. A few very opinionated and self absorbed participants turned most every thread into a religious and/or political thread and massive argument no matter how it had started. [:@]They also used their free speech to attack, belittle and attempt to intimidate other members. Even some of the people who I basically agreed with politically were so obnoxious, insulting and disgusting you didn't want to deal with them.

Forum riles are to nice to say no assholes allowed. Good rule though as the world is full of them. Then I stumbled on Matrix. Not only did I buy quite a few of their games over the years, I found a forum that was informational and fun to be part of. A huge improvement over the so called free speech demanders.

Anyway, careful what you ask for. You just might get it.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

What's funny is nobody can do anything about either one so I often wonder why they get into those debates and discussions anyways. Even if you proved your point what would ever come of it here? [:D]
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

What's funny is nobody can do anything about either one so I often wonder why they get into those debates and discussions anyways. Even if you proved your point what would ever come of it here? [:D]
warspite1

Not everyone is a 'I know it all' merchant. It's all part of human daily routine to talk, share ideas, discuss problems, give opinions, listen to advice etc.

Yes, there are those around that can never admit to being wrong or that, perhaps, someone else has a valid point, but that is different to someone who argues his beliefs and ideas on a given subject, that he/she is hugely knowledgeable about, passionately. I can't think of anyone on this forum like the former* - and plenty like the latter, which is no bad thing.

* Well except maybe one person who insists on the rather limited idea that all history is rubbish and so will never read a history book [:D] Now I wonder who that is? [;)].....
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Once again another post about who does what when and it doesn't matter because you can't change anything as you're just a peon like everybody else. Your opinion holds "about" as much water as "mine" does. [:D]

Edit Note: Notice I said "about" as much? [:D]
operating

Post by operating »

Once again another post about who does what when and it doesn't matter because you can't change anything as you're just a peon like everybody else. Your opinion holds "about" as much water as "mine" does. [:D]

Been mulling thoughts the past couple of days about responding to this thread then read the above quote. Man! Did aaatoysandmore ever "hit the nail on the head"!![:)]
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: operating

Been mulling thoughts the past couple of days about responding to this thread then read the above quote. Man! Did aaatoysandmore ever "hit the nail on the head"!![:)]
warspite1

Nope....
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Orm

Post by Orm »

Are you saying he hit the wall? [;)]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
reg113

Post by reg113 »

No just the head...
"Life's a b***h, then you die."
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

warspite1

Nope....

More like smashed his thumb with the hammer.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

More like smashed his thumb with the hammer.

I have a nice bright and clean hammer you can have for nothing, and I can tell you where you can put it too, however I am trying to be on the positive side today, unlike some who don't seem to know better.
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest

Return to “General Discussion”