What Unity3D version will move the Bloody First?

3D version of Close Combat
Nomada_Firefox

What Unity3D version will move the Bloody First?

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

I was curious about with what version Unity3D is made Bloody First. Are you taking more time for upgrade it to the last Unity 5?
general_solomon

RE: What Unity3D version will move the Bloody First?

Post by general_solomon »

they may want to hurry up because there is competitor coming out with a similar product.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

What similar product? the tactical art of combat from sulla? it is years away from be finished. We must be realistic. There is not way for to finish it at less of three or four years, the Bloody First probably has been at developing for more of three or four years and they added a basic list of features in a begining. The Tactical Art of Combat has added a long list of features, probably many of them as a dream never finished but if they try add all them, they will add more developing time.

Now, thinking as a player, I do not see the tactical art of combat as a competitor. I see it more as a impossible work.

Rodmorg

Post by Rodmorg »

Sorry general_solomon, Nomada is very biased. Screenshots have just been released for The Tactical Art of Combat and there are devs of the original Close Combat Series working on it. Looks very promising to me, as well as TBF!
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Biased but I tell the true. Rogmorg in the other way probably does not know what he is telling really. The team from the Tactical Art of Combat can not be named as the developers from the original Close Combat Series more than the developers from the Close Combat Bloody First.

Really no one from the original Close Combat Series is working at a CC game. The original are CC1, CC2, CC3, CC4 and CC5.

You can find all the information in the http://www.mobygames.com/ where everybody who he was working in a real game is at this site.

Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Here is a link to that other games website; http://www.tacticalartofcombat.com/screens.htm

AOC seems to be behind The Bloody First based on how long the games have been talked about but neither company has made public their release date....
general_solomon

Post by general_solomon »

Well, I hope both products get on the market so we can play them.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

ORIGINAL: Tejszd

Here is a link to that other games website; http://www.tacticalartofcombat.com/screens.htm

AOC seems to be behind The Bloody First based on how long the games have been talked about but neither company has made public their release date....
At least Close Combat Bloody First is being developed by a team of people with complete experience at games and at 3D games. The people from AOC with exception from Sutherland are clearly amateur without any technical experience making a real game and probably they are funding the game with their own money. By this reasons, very probably they are maiking the game with the free version from Unity3D and never with the professional version. There is a clear difference with it, you can check it here by example http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/12 ... -free.html
Rodmorg

Post by Rodmorg »

Nomada, you got my name wrong, just like the facts you are presenting. Some of them are/were part of the team that made the original CC series. Have you seen the screenshots as well. Just be fair and look at them.

Here's the link if you're bothered to look at it: http://www.tacticalartofcombat.com/screens.htm

Looks very promising!
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Some of them are/were part of the team that made the original CC series. Have you seen the screenshots as well. Just be fair and look at them.
Sorry but you are wrong again. Nobody of them worked in the original Close Combat I, II, III, IV and V. The reeditions are not the original CC series. No one of them worked in Atomic games.

Other point be a tester or record your voice is not a big work. In fact with exception from Shane who he made many of the reeditions maps, all the others have not a technical experience making real games.

Again probably you do not know what you have read and you have not read more far away from the site. ;)

SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

To answer the original question, we have made the transition to developing under Unity 5. That said, the differences between Unity versions are not generally not that big a deal in terms of TBF.

As for Tactical Art of Combat, I wish them good luck with their project. If you'd like to discuss the state of their project please move it to their website forums.

Steve

Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Fair enough. I was curious about the unity version because perhaps the developing time was increased.
Destraex

Post by Destraex »

Do you refer to combat mission?
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

ORIGINAL: Rodmorg

Nomada, you got my name wrong, just like the facts you are presenting. Some of them are/were part of the team that made the original CC series. Have you seen the screenshots as well. Just be fair and look at them.

Here's the link if you're bothered to look at it: http://www.tacticalartofcombat.com/screens.htm

Looks very promising!

looks really good, wished i'd got on the Alpha as well, seems i'll have to wait for the beta[&o][&o][&o]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Close Combat – The Bloody First”