Flashpoint Campaigns: Germany Reforged is Announced!

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

Erik Rutins

Flashpoint Campaigns: Germany Reforged is Announced!

Post by Erik Rutins »

Over ten years ago, an incredible game brought to life the complexity and the destructive power of the War that never was, the possible massive conflict in Europe between Soviet Union and NATO. This game was Flashpoint Germany. From the very beginning the game impressed critics. You felt the pressure to have your regiment under control, dealing with air strikes, minefields, high-tech missiles and even with your own radio traffic (which could have revealed your HQ’s position forcing you to keep it moving)!

More recently On Target Simulations, the developers of Flashpoint Germany, brought us their newest masterpiece, Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm, a whole new and much more advanced simulation with very realistic modern warfare gameplay.
Now we are pleased to announce a new Battle Pack that combines the best of both games.

Flashpoint Campaigns: Germany Reforged is a new Battle pack for Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm which allows veterans of the series and novices alike to play an advanced version of the all-time classic Flashpoint Germany. This upcoming release is now entering beta and we are looking for testers! Alongside this release, we have a big update for Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm coming as well.

Now the original strategy masterpiece has been brought up to date with the new Flashpoint Campaigns system, and Flashpoint Campaigns: Germany Reforged will be ready soon!

Stay tuned for further updates!

Here is the official product page : http://www.matrixgames.com/products/592 ... nyReforged
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
tebeinteresno

RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Germany Reforged is Announced!

Post by tebeinteresno »

Oh! I see different icons for subunits.

Rip-icon for infantry
Repair-icon for armored vehicles

Great feature! Like it!

P.S. Is it repairing process or just "fallen out" unit?
Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

I think that might be repairing. If so, that's a huge change. Now my T-80s won't be gone the whole match because a Scorpion or mine blew it's tracks off [:D]
tebeinteresno

Post by tebeinteresno »

Look at little icons of destroyed vehicle! Nice!

Now crosses for fallen infantry, and colored-smoked tanks for fallen vehicles?
Am I right?
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

No repairs in-game. The wrench, which has been just updated to a better contrasting yellow color last night just indicates with the blue text color a fallen out AFV. Fallen out Infantry units will have a red cross on them.

And yes, separate kill markers for hard and soft targets. The crosses just got a color update last night as well and will be easier to see in the final update. [:D]

Also, no more transparent crater graphics for no reason! Plus we tweaked their looks as well.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

This is excellent news, guys! Really looking forward to the expansion. Keep at it!
kipanderson

Post by kipanderson »

Hi,

yup.. great news.. !!

All the best,
kip.
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

The new art looks great, more scens is allways interesting... maybe more info about what kind of scen "variants" offer is interesting.

For me is going to be a question of price... i have in mind the top price, if is in the limit i buy, if not i wait.

Good luck with it guys.

PD: maybe an interesting thing could be release it with "buy it now" offer, when you release the Players edition sure the discount help a lot.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Hexagon, no price info at the moment. There are the original scenarios, set for AI and head to head play, a few variant versions for the original game, and with the original scenarios being very T-80U heavy, we have a set of the scenarios with different tanks. There may be other minor changes in these alternate offerings. I am not fully up to speed on the entire package. If you enjoyed Flashpoint Germany this Battle Pack will let you play those maps and battles out in the new game engine. [8D]

kipanderson

Post by kipanderson »

Hi,

Yup… different time periods would great.

That is other than 1989 all the time. Mid ‘70s onwards would be great.

All the best,
Kip.

Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

On that note of the kill markers, I've taken some of my own liberties, using images from WINSPMBT.

pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Alongside this release, we have a big update for Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm coming as well.
Stay tuned for further updates!

Could we get an update on when all this is likely to be released? I've been waiting since summer to see the 2.0.10 update and the rebalanced scenarios, and also looking forward to this Germany Reforged expansion. Thanks.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Pzgndr, the release candidate is in process for Reforged, and the 2.0.10 update minus rebalance scenarios is also in that mode. Our Dev Team call got bumped to tonight and we may get some more information then. Been a hectic few weeks for the team with various real life issues and we are behind on the rebalance scenarios, but things are hopefully smoothing back out. I will update you guys as soon as I know more.

ashandresash

Post by ashandresash »

Ok, keep us posted. I'm looking forward to coming back to the game about Christmas, so... You've got several weeks yet ;)

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”