Locked thread?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

operating

Locked thread?

Post by operating »

Knew that the "Russian Airbase in Syria thread" was borderline political, however it did offer far more than that, especially pertaining to current events. Where what is happening in the ME is a loaded military story full of events and changing patterns, which I personally found to be real interesting. I'm here because I enjoy military history and the ability to replay history's military events through gaming, but as a player I don't learn nothing, if I don't know what caused events to happen, otherwise I'd just be a robot, without a vision of what is past, present or future. The discussion was primarily a discussion with facts to back them up, plus theorizing (speculating) by a number of different members. Felt the discussion was in a good place to happen. However, I find it disturbing that just 1 (one) questionable post was reason enough to shut down the thread was a bit harsh, perhaps a warning by the Moderator would have been in order and a fair way to treat all members and allow the members continue their discussion. If the warning is not heeded, OK then by all means take what actions necessary.

That's my 2 cents
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
Lecivius

RE: Locked thread?

Post by Lecivius »

There actually was a warning from a mod in there somewhere. Seriously, that thing had Lock all over it. I was surprised the mods were relaxed enough to let it run as it did. This is a game forum.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

+1 for Operating. Pip did make a senseless warning about "conspiracy theories". Even though this is a gaming site, Operating put it correctly.

There should be at least one category for opinions and current events. No one here is forced to click on a particular category or thread...so if they don't like what is being communicated, then ignore that category.

Too bad for Matrix employees that I dont own Matrix, they would make a ton more money. Good thing for these moderator's though as I would have most of them fired. Pip needs to be pipped...he's done this before.
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

There actually was a warning from a mod in there somewhere. Seriously, that thing had Lock all over it. I was surprised the mods were relaxed enough to let it run as it did. This is a game forum.
Have to agree with you Lecivius: Went back and rechecked the posts, Pips warning was there.[:(] (I still really liked the thread)[;)]
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

[8|]
ORIGINAL: Jagdtiger14

+1 for Operating. Pip did make a senseless warning about "conspiracy theories". Even though this is a gaming site, Operating put it correctly.

There should be at least one category for opinions and current events. No one here is forced to click on a particular category or thread...so if they don't like what is being communicated, then ignore that category.

Too bad for Matrix employees that I dont own Matrix, they would make a ton more money. Good thing for these moderator's though as I would have most of them fired. Pip needs to be pipped...he's done this before.

[>:][8|]
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

If you want to get a thread locked just mention US gun laws. [:D]
Formerly Goodwood

Hertston

Post by Hertston »

ORIGINAL: Jagdtiger14

There was once. It didn't exactly work out like that which is why there isn't any more.
operating

Post by operating »

I still feel that a whole thread should not be locked out because of one commentator. Fortunately it does not happen too often. If I was calling the balls and strikes here and called 'em the way I see them, I likely would offend someone in the process, especially if their view disagrees with mine. There's a mix of personalities that frequent this forum (Oh Boy! Opened the Pandora's box[:D]). I must admit it can get bizarre.
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

ORIGINAL: BASB

If you want to get a thread locked just mention US gun laws. [:D]

You just did. But now that you mentioned it I'm glad they are what they are in Missouri.

My 23 y.o. daughter has a man my age in her complex that has been exceedingly creepy in their encounters so much so that last night she had to call the police. After about 25 minutes the cop showed up but there was nothing he could do because he didnt attempt to harm her. Its a long story but this guy isnt right in his head and she is fearful of him for several reasons. My daughter is proficient with a firearm and owns a couple of pistols. She told the police that if he tries to get in she is going to shoot him. The officer advised her to blow his head off if he crossed the threshold.

When seconds count the police are only minutes away.

I am glad that my daughter has the Right to bear arms and has had extensive practice with firearms. No other equalizer for a young woman out there. Missouri also has the Castle Law to protect her during such an unlikely encounter. Unfortunately, there are others in our country that would use our unique and incredible freedoms to commit heinous crimes.

As for me and my family, we will utilize those freedoms as we hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

I was being silly and I had intentions to create a debate on gun laws, I have no need to, as the actions speak for themselves.
Formerly Goodwood

VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Locked.

Return to “General Discussion”