Advanced Tactics Gold TO&E patch

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

GaryChildress

Advanced Tactics Gold TO&E patch

Post by GaryChildress »

Been having a blast with this game since Vic came up with the TO&E patch. Basically the patch makes it where units auto reinforce instead of you having to manually move new subformations to replace lost ones. Really cool idea and I think it has breathed new life into the game. Anyone else here in the general forum been having fun with the new ATG patch? [8D]
aaatoysandmore

RE: Advanced Tactics Gold TO&E patch

Post by aaatoysandmore »

This just came out? Sounds like it's worth getting and playing next time it's onsale and christmas is just around the corner.[:)]
Ranger33

Post by Ranger33 »

Yeah, when I first bought the game a couple years ago I thought it was really good, but got tedious once you started spending most of your time shuffling reinforcements around. Endless clicking! Now you just spend a little time up front setting up the framework of your forces and away you go, no endless clicky-clicky. It was exactly what the game needed more than anything else.
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

ORIGINAL: Ranger33

Yeah, when I first bought the game a couple years ago I thought it was really good, but got tedious once you started spending most of your time shuffling reinforcements around. Endless clicking! Now you just spend a little time up front setting up the framework of your forces and away you go, no endless clicky-clicky. It was exactly what the game needed more than anything else.

Agree. I felt the same way before the patch came out. Way too much babysitting on the front line. That was the only reason I didn't invest a lot of time into the game. Definitely a MAJOR improvement. [:)]
Josh

Post by Josh »

Vic has done a awesome job there, he has been updating that game since it came out years ago and it just-got-better-every-time. I didn't mind the clickfest at all though because it gave you so much control over your forces. This latest patch tho...another brilliant stroke from the genius. [&o] I just can't praise that game enough.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Sounds like a very good improvement...can't wait for Christmas now.[:'(]
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

I´m also enjoying a lot the TO&E patch, it´s a good start to ATII.

Guess Advanced Tactics II will be a blast: Upgraded TO&E+Much better AI+Improved random map generator and less micromanagement. Another future classic in the Matrix catalog.

Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

There's an Advanced Tactics II coming out? When? I haven't heard anything about it.
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

Not at the moment [:)], however Vic said some of the ATG features (including the TO&E) will be in AT II.
Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE

Return to “General Discussion”