My subjegate is attacking my protectorate?!

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

rmse17

My subjegate is attacking my protectorate?!

Post by rmse17 »

Hi, I am playing my first big game of Universe as Humans. I have Sluken Conformity as my subjugates. I have Kuan Empire as protectorate. To my surprise I get a message from Kuan asking me to honor our relationship and declair war on Sliken Conformity. How is this possible? Maybe I don't undertand what "subjugate" is, but in my mind I thought that my subjugate can not do stuff that I don't want them to do, ie attack someone I am protecting? Is this a bug in the game? I looked in diplomacy and I don't see any way to order my subjugate to stop attacking.
Aeson

RE: My subjegate is attacking my protectorate?!

Post by Aeson »

When you subjugate an empire in the game, you get some fraction of its income as tribute (I think something like 10%; I'm not positive). Think of it more like forcing the defeated nation to pay an indemnity for an indeterminate amount of time, not like compelling the defeated nation to obey your every wish (it probably won't) or require your approval to take a variety of actions (it doesn't).
rmse17

Post by rmse17 »

Ah, OK, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation! I went ahead and just finished conquering them...
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

Sounds to me like the subjugated empire needs to be the completely conquered empire. My advise..ATTACK!
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
ChildServices

Post by ChildServices »

I think when Distant Worlds 2 is made they need to make the game handle protectorates and dominions similar to the way "sphere of influence" and satellite states/dominions are handled in Victoria 2.
Alexander the Great, his name struck fear into hearts of men.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”