Difference between Fallen out and destroyed

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

josant

Difference between Fallen out and destroyed

Post by josant »

Hi,

The english is not my first language and dont understand at 100% the fallen out concept. What happens to the equipment that is fallen out? is damaged or leaves the battlefield intact,or anything else?
JA
SwampYankee68

RE: Difference between Fallen out and destroyed

Post by SwampYankee68 »

As I understand it, it is out of the fight for the remainder of the scenario. A non-combat loss. Mechanical issues, etc...
"The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me!"
Tazak

Post by Tazak »

in single battles it makes very little difference (a kill is a kill type of approach), it only makes a difference in campaigns where it costs time to repair vs. victory points to replaced destroyed units
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
cbelva

Post by cbelva »

Tazak is correct. In single battles, it doesn't matter if the unit has "fallen out" or is "dead". In a campaign it makes a different, there is  a chance that fallen out units will return in future battles in the campaign. Dead means that the unit is dead, there is no coming back. The vehicle was destroyed and the personnel is dead. A fallen out unit is a unit that has been temporarily lost. For vehicle that would include ones that have been damaged but is recoverable and repairable. In future editors it could also mean vehicles that have broken down. For personnel, it could mean that they got lost on the battlefield, ran away, or slightly wounded and for the duration of that battle not available.
Charles Belva
On Target Simulations LLC
josant

Post by josant »

OK, many thanks for the answers.
JA

Return to “Tech Support”