True Update

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

Deathtreader

True Update

Post by Deathtreader »

Hi,

Flashpoint's true update is telling me there is a new version of the game available for download........ since I'm already patched to version 2.09 could this be the much anticipated 2.010??
There's been no announcement and I'm too cowardly to just go ahead and see.....

Devs??

Rob.
So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)
cbelva

RE: True Update

Post by cbelva »

2.010 has not been released and is still in development. 2.09 is the most current.
Charles Belva
On Target Simulations LLC
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Rob,

What is True Update? How does it know/think there is a version out there? We have a beta that just went up to Matrix so we can do some testing, but that should not have been seen as a releasable game update for the public.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
dox44

Post by dox44 »

click desktop icon one of options is to check for an update...

it asks if you want to update to 9 release 3 or something like that...i started downloading (for about 15 minutes or so)

but after i saw the post above concerning no 10 i cancelled out of dl.

(BTW i'm already running 9 when it asks if i want to update)
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

2.0.9 is the current version. 2.0.10 is in the works for testing.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
Deathtreader

Post by Deathtreader »

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

Rob,

What is True Update? How does it know/think there is a version out there? We have a beta that just went up to Matrix so we can do some testing, but that should not have been seen as a releasable game update for the public.

Hi Capn,

True update is Matrix's in-house updater. A different version is out there for all of their titles. It is accessed from each title's main game screen when you first start. Based on your reply I'm guessing that Matrix may have inadvertently made your beta available to the public. I just checked again and the game's updater is still saying there's a newer version available. I am already at 2.09.

Rob.
So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”