Windowed with no border?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

coolts

Windowed with no border?

Post by coolts »

I run the game on a large HD TV. (It's a far comfier seat and near the fridge :)

I run the game in windowed mode at 150% (Windows 10 scaling) and it looks fine and al the text is clear, but for the large white title bar that obscures the top part of all the reports (CR, Production, Losses, etc.)

Can I run this in a borderless window?
"Gauls! We have nothing to fear; except perhaps that the sky may fall on our heads tomorrow. But as we all know, tomorrow never comes!!" - Chief Vitalstatistix
Helpless

RE: Windowed with no border?

Post by Helpless »

I don't think it is possible to make it borderless, unless you run it fullscreen.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
coolts

Post by coolts »

I will try this later tonight. At 125% it was a mess full screen, and useable in windowed. Perfect at 150% windowed, apart from the one inch high border.
"Gauls! We have nothing to fear; except perhaps that the sky may fall on our heads tomorrow. But as we all know, tomorrow never comes!!" - Chief Vitalstatistix
KWG

Post by KWG »

there are borderless window apps for games try steam or google.
"A word was said - a mare is standing by the fence."
barkhorn45

Post by barkhorn45 »

I guess i'm lucky i hook my laptop to my 55 inch tv and the screen is identical to the laptop.
Commanderski

Post by Commanderski »

How do you guys have that hooked up? That's a great idea.
KWG

Post by KWG »

I HDMI out to a tv.
"A word was said - a mare is standing by the fence."
coolts

Post by coolts »

That borderless app, (from the steam forums), works but the text goes all over the place. I have to play 150% scaled in a maximised window. The text is legible and all in the right place with that setting. The 1 inch white top title bar, I'll have to live with. I expect it'll look quite Christmassy soon.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”