Searching in Unit Viewer?

The Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 is a new turn-based, tactical wargame that focuses on conflicts in the Middle East.

Moderator: Jason Petho

76mm

Searching in Unit Viewer?

Post by 76mm »

Can someone explain how to use the search box in the unit viewer? Generally it will find the first occurrence of the search term, but I can't figure out how to get it to find any more.

Between that and the fact that the Unit Viewer does not list platoons in alphabetical order, it is not a very convenient tool.
Jason Petho

RE: Searching in Unit Viewer?

Post by Jason Petho »

If you start typing what the unit is called, the Units area will refresh to whatever you are searching for.

Typing in "Rifle Platoon 48 A" in France will refresh the Units area so Rifle Platoon 48 A is at the top of the list.

The Unit Viewier is organized the same way the platoon file is laid out; armour, SPAA, SPAT, SPARTY, recce, transport, support weapons, artillery, infantry, misc, hq's, helicopters, aircraft.

It's actually quite useful, especially the compare feature, once you figure out how to use it.

Jason Petho
Arkady

Post by Arkady »

Sorry, no "Find Next" feature yet, just first occurence

I'm planning to incorporate filter-like search but it is on my to-do list with low priority
76mm

Post by 76mm »

ORIGINAL: Arkady
Sorry, no "Find Next" feature yet, just first occurence

I'm planning to incorporate filter-like search but it is on my to-do list with low priority

No worries, now that I understand how it works. Thanks for the great tool.

Return to “Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985”