A few questions

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

skjold89

A few questions

Post by skjold89 »

These questions relate to Scenedit.

1. Is it possible with lua scripts to make an event add magazines in a unit?
2. Is it possible with lua scripts to spawn in new units? (Not teleportation, actual new units)
3. Can you make it so interceptors intercept any target that flies into a certain zone? It seems like the interception mission needs you to specify specific targets.

Thanks in advance, Skjold.
ckfinite

RE: Questions regarding Scenedit

Post by ckfinite »

1. Is it possible with lua scripts to make an event add magazines in a unit?

Not at the moment.
2. Is it possible with lua scripts to spawn in new units? (Not teleportation, actual new units)

Yes, use ScenEdit_AddUnit
3. Can you make it so interceptors intercept any target that flies into a certain zone? It seems like the interception mission needs you to specify specific targets.

Yes, use a air patrol mission instead of interception. It lets you specify a patrol area and a prosecution zone, which would seem to be exactly what you want.
skjold89

Post by skjold89 »

Yes, use a air patrol mission instead of interception. It lets you specify a patrol area and a prosecution zone, which would seem to be exactly what you want.

I did that, problem with that is that it doesn't do a proper interception. Once the event is activated, the interceptors will do a non-stop CAS patrol in the area while i want them to

1. Burn to target
2. Engage Target
3. RTB as soon as threat is neutralised or gone.
DeSade

Post by DeSade »

ORIGINAL: Skjold

I did that, problem with that is that it doesn't do a proper interception. Once the event is activated, the interceptors will do a non-stop CAS patrol in the area while i want them to

1. Burn to target
2. Engage Target
3. RTB as soon as threat is neutralised or gone.

If event is fired on "unit enters area", than you have 1 and 2 covered by air patrol. Problem is with 3, and it is doable in LUA imho, but needs quite a lot of work to setup.

skjold89

Post by skjold89 »

Thanks for the replies.

I got one more question, is it at all possible to re-arm ships and SAM networks in a running scenario?
stilesw

Post by stilesw »

yes it is. In a fit of pique one time I added a missile mount to a DDG, loaded it with UGM-109A Nuclear Tomahawk missiles and proceeded to nuke the stuffings out of a foe - all while the sim was running.

-Wayne Stiles
“There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.”

Charles Edward Montague, English novelist and essayist
~Disenchantment, ch. 15 (1922)
skjold89

Post by skjold89 »

ORIGINAL: stilesw

yes it is. In a fit of pique one time I added a missile mount to a DDG, loaded it with UGM-109A Nuclear Tomahawk missiles and proceeded to nuke the stuffings out of a foe - all while the sim was running.

-Wayne Stiles

Haha, nice one!

To clarify, i was talking about non Scenedit scenarios, where u can't add anything new or add weapons to a platform.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

ORIGINAL: Skjold

ORIGINAL: stilesw

-Wayne Stiles

Haha, nice one!

To clarify, i was talking about non Scenedit scenarios, where u can't add anything new or add weapons to a platform.

So that is why you asked it in the middle of a thread you created called...wait for it...Questions regarding Scenedit
stilesw

Post by stilesw »

Guess I'm not sure what you mean by "non Scenedit scenarios". I assume you mean opened to play only. If it is a .scen file you have opened in edit mode you should be able to make changes while running it. If it is a .scen file that you have opened to play only (not edit) then there is probably no way to make changes to a given platform's stores.

-Wayne Stiles
“There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.”

Charles Edward Montague, English novelist and essayist
~Disenchantment, ch. 15 (1922)
skjold89

Post by skjold89 »

ORIGINAL: thewood1
So that is why you asked it in the middle of a thread you created called...wait for it...Questions regarding Scenedit

Yes i know and i realise it was confusing hence why i clarified what i meant. The thought process was not to create a new thread but i should have been more clear originally. I fixed the title.

Thanks stilesw.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”