About the armor of the units

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

josant

About the armor of the units

Post by josant »

I was planning to made a mod that include new units, but i need to know the real equivalents of the various armor types that the game include.

The manual says that there is a type of armor calling advanced composite armor(ACA)that varies from 1 to 4, what this numbers means? I suppose that ACA 4 will be chobham armor or similar, but the others?

The same for the reactive armor(ERA)that varies from 1 to 4

Can someone explain what kind of armor is ACA1,ACA2,ACA3,ACA4 and ERA1,ERA2,ERA3,ERA4 ?

Thanks
JA
CapnDarwin

RE: About the armor of the units

Post by CapnDarwin »

Josant, the protection factor (PF) is the frontal average in millimeters of kinetic armor protection. The ACAx special defines a ratio of chemical (HEAT type rounds) to the kinetic value for the frontal aspect of the vehicle. Right now that works out to ACA1 at up to 1.25 times, ACA2 up to 1.5 times, ACA3 up to 1.75 times, and ACA4 for anything over 1.75 times. It is not type based. I'll pull up the code today and verify those values. ERA is more type based. ERA1 is early HEAT only protection. ERA2 is later HEAT only protection (better chance to work and more pen reduction). ERA3 is early advanced protection with limited ability to effect long rod rounds. ERA4 is later advanced protection with better kinetic pen reduction. I'll also get better numbers here when I review the code.

Hopefully, that is a good start.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
josant

Post by josant »

OK, many thanks Capn Darwin.

Correct me if I am wrong, for example, a T-90 some sources say that it have 800mm vs kinetic weapons and 1350mm vs HEAT weapons, the tank also have Kontakt-5 reactive armor (in the game ERA 4); first we must divide the armor vs kinetic weapons by 15 so 800/15=53, to calculate ACA 1350mm/800mm=1,68

the final result to model the frontal armor of the T-90 must be: PF=53, ACA 3, ERA 4
JA
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

That looks correct.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”