screen resolution

The Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 is a new turn-based, tactical wargame that focuses on conflicts in the Middle East.

Moderator: Jason Petho

armonica

screen resolution

Post by armonica »

would this game run on a screen resolution 1920x1080 on a full screen or on a reduced screen like other older games
(Kharkov Disaster on the Donets, for example)?
HeinzHarald

RE: screen resolution

Post by HeinzHarald »

It runs fullscreen. Even the weird 3:2 aspect ratio on my Surface runs fullscreen without problems.
armonica

Post by armonica »

All right, thank you.
alwaysdime

Post by alwaysdime »

As some one who doesn't have a tablet or Surface, how well of a option is it for gaming? Is it easy to do clicks and right clicks? I would be primarily use it to do some gaming during football. Would I be better off just carrying my lazy butt 5 feet over to the PC and turning my head around? :)
HeinzHarald

Post by HeinzHarald »

ORIGINAL: alwaysdime

As some one who doesn't have a tablet or Surface, how well of a option is it for gaming? Is it easy to do clicks and right clicks? I would be primarily use it to do some gaming during football. Would I be better off just carrying my lazy butt 5 feet over to the PC and turning my head around? :)

I gave up on gaming with the pen (or my fingers) a long time ago. What I recommend is using a wireless trackball. With it you can still make use of the tablet factor to play in pretty much any position. Also a small wireless keyboard is nice (the type cover makes no sense to me, having to have it attached to the tablet makes the tablet much less flexible to use).

The trackball and keyboard together with the awesome flexible kickstand on the Surface makes it a very good wargaming anywhere machine in my opinion.
alwaysdime

Post by alwaysdime »

Sounds like its a good solution for traveling but maybe not so great from the couch. Well considering my computer is all of 5 feel away.
HeinzHarald

Post by HeinzHarald »

ORIGINAL: alwaysdime

Sounds like its a good solution for traveling but maybe not so great from the couch. Well considering my computer is all of 5 feel away.
Well you could easily have the tablet on your lap and the trackball beside you or on your leg or even the armrest. But I suppose it doesn't make a lot of sense if you have a desk with a computer nearby. Unless you replace that computer with a tablet of course (there's a docking station available).
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

I was wondering, are the graphics better than the campaign series game of ww2 and the Japanese campaign?
budd

Post by budd »

yes they are. I didn't mind the WW2 graphics much but to me these look better. Check the pictures in the AAR thread judge for yourself.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
dsawan

Post by dsawan »

is there a config file in main folder to chg the display resolution. it seems the units are small on my screen as well as dialog boxes
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

At the moment, no. What is your monitor size and resolution, and to which view do you refer to? 3D normal / zoom-out / extr zoom out or 2D Zoom-in / Normal etc?
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
dsawan

Post by dsawan »

Hi, sorry it took long to reply, RL gets in way. I have it set to 3D normal / zoom-out;22inch monitor

http://www.amazon.com/HP-W2207-22-inch- ... B000OK6T9W

used to a config utility to change the resolution. I come from Thirdwire flight sims and cfs 3. Just the vehicles and units seem small compared to a Sony 19inch I used for the old campaign series. The init boxes were bigger. I do hope a util will be made in a patch.
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

Would someone want to try this workaround as presented in the JTCS thread where Zoom-In 2D views are not available.

Thred is located HERE

And in particular, this little software that seems to allow to set resolution to a shortcut to an application:

ORIGINAL: casebier

i start at 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768 using DC from a desktop shortcut.

http://12noon.com/

this was posted on the forum somewhere.

apologies before hand if i'm not understanding you

See the discussion there for further information.

Thanks in advance...
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
HeinzHarald

Post by HeinzHarald »

Another option would be to set Windows DPI scaling higher, though I don't think you can do that on a per application basis but must set it for Windows in general and then disable it for select applications. I use 150% on my Surface with Win 10 which works very well.

Return to “Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985”