MIA Autosave folder

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

slane_slith

MIA Autosave folder

Post by slane_slith »

A few weeks ago my internet security software started having a issue with WITP:AE and gave me all kinds of trouble. One thing that I hadn't noticed until now is that my autosave folder is missing. Can I simply stick a folder in there labeled autosave or is it more complicated than that?
"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph" -Thomas Paine
witpqs

RE: MIA Autosave folder

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: slane

A few weeks ago my internet security software started having a issue with WITP:AE and gave me all kinds of trouble. One thing that I hadn't noticed until now is that my autosave folder is missing. Can I simply stick a folder in there labeled autosave or is it more complicated than that?
AFAIK, yes you can do that.

But the question is 'what happened to it?'. If it existed and just mysteriously went away, is it possible that your security software quarantined it? If so, might that happen again?

Security software does yield false positives from time to time and one or two brands have done so with WITP and AE in the past. Usually a software publisher or user has to send a report to the security software vendor so they can remove or change the signature or whatever causing the false positive.
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

Usually the anti-virus company wants to hear from the publisher. I would recommend contacting Matrix support and tell them what happened along with the info about your AV program so they can contact the company and get it sorted out.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
slane_slith

Post by slane_slith »

Thanks guys. I apologize for not responding sooner, work.

I contacted my internet security provider. They were less than helpful.

I'm not sure what happened. I went to download one of the betas and it kept saying that it (the beta and the game) was malicious and dumped it into quarantine. As soon as I pulled it out of quarantine it would say it was malicious and the circle would start again. I ended up have to bypass it to get the software to leave it alone.

Thanks again
"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph" -Thomas Paine
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: slane

Thanks guys. I apologize for not responding sooner, work.

I contacted my internet security provider. They were less than helpful.

I'm not sure what happened. I went to download one of the betas and it kept saying that it (the beta and the game) was malicious and dumped it into quarantine. As soon as I pulled it out of quarantine it would say it was malicious and the circle would start again. I ended up have to bypass it to get the software to leave it alone.

Thanks again

This is pretty much why I don't use much for anti-virus software and the like. All too often, some legitimate thing I'm trying to do gets caught by overly aggressive software. It's not a fun time trying to get around it.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”