Vanishing pilots

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

emek

Vanishing pilots

Post by emek »

When manually adding pilots to a group they are delayed between 1-6 days. If you add pilots from reserve 1 day delay pilots are permanently deleted from the game and replaced with reserves.

I lost a lot of experienced pilots until i noticed this.

Not sure if it will be fixed but suggest to check before players add reserves.
witpqs

RE: Vanishing pilots

Post by witpqs »

They will need before and after save games to find that.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Are you certain? Can you do a before/after set of screen caps? When I've picked reserve pilots with a one day delay shown, they are reassigned new delays, often 5 or 6 days. The delay depends on where they are and where the unit is that's choosing them, so it's not necessarily one day as shown.

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Another thing, while you're in the pilot selection screen sometimes when you select they "disappear" and show up elsewhere in the list, but still there and committed to your unit. I don't know why that is but no damage done, they still arrive eventually at the selecting unit. Often they show up on a different page, you just scroll down (usually) and you'll spot them.

Trugrit

Post by Trugrit »

I don't know if you know this.

In the pilot screen look down your delay column. If you see a delay of 1 mouse over the pilot
and you will get a fly out. A right click will make that pilot active in the group.

Attachments
PilotScreen.jpg
PilotScreen.jpg (345.51 KiB) Viewed 110 times
"A man's got to know his limitations" -Dirty Harry
jcjordan

Post by jcjordan »

Is the OP talking about in a group as the post above mentions or from the Reserve Pilots pool? Pics would help us see what you're talking about. I have seen the occasional problem when getting a pilot manually from the reserve pilot pool where it does disappear but "I think" this is due to pilot still being wounded & won't be available in the 7 days but eventually heals & shows up in unit though it could be months before that happens.

Pics are worth a thousand words
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: Trugrit

I don't know if you know this.

In the pilot screen look down your delay column. If you see a delay of 1 mouse over the pilot
and you will get a fly out. A right click will make that pilot active in the group.

Yes, they don't automatically become active when they arrive. They go into unit reserve and you get an alert that they have arrived. You have to manually activate them.

Please note, when the delay = 1 they are there. Arrived pilots never display a delay of 0, until you manually activate them.

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: jcjordan

Is the OP talking about in a group as the post above mentions or from the Reserve Pilots pool? Pics would help us see what you're talking about. I have seen the occasional problem when getting a pilot manually from the reserve pilot pool where it does disappear but "I think" this is due to pilot still being wounded & won't be available in the 7 days but eventually heals & shows up in unit though it could be months before that happens.

Pics are worth a thousand words

Can't say I've ever caught that happening. Never noticed any WIAs in the reserve pool.

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

emek, either take screenshots of your selections or write their names down just before selecting them. I'll bet if they seem to disappear they will still show up in the unit's pilot screen as being on the way with a delay displayed.

emek

Post by emek »

I am travelling but will do some screen shots when I will come back.

Return to “Tech Support”