Fog of War

Please post your wish lists for future updates and releases here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

Deathtreader

Fog of War

Post by Deathtreader »

Hi,

A small suggestion... this could be enhanced by not allowing a player to access all of the opponents units on the unit sub-inspector until that unit type has been positively identified by at least 1 player unit on the battlefield. Doesn't matter what type of unit identifies the enemy equipment. As it stands, I can go into the sub-inspector and see exactly what my enemy has in the type (but not quantity) of equipment etc. before I even see his units on the map. Naturally, at game end everything becomes viewable as it does now.

Rob.[:)]
So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)
CapnDarwin

RE: Fog of War

Post by CapnDarwin »

Cool idea. I will add this to the list for 2.1 consideration.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Deathtreader

Post by Deathtreader »

Hi,

Is the Reported Kills and Claims tab subject to the Fog of War where the enemy count is concerned??

If not, it might be a nice addition to the next iteration. I really shouldn't see a 100% accurate count of destroyed/disabled enemies until game's end.

Rob,[:)]
So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Deathtreader

Post by Deathtreader »

Hi,

Short thread brought back to life with 2 ideas for SS that would be nice IMO.

Rob. [:)]
IronMikeGolf

Post by IronMikeGolf »

Re: subunit display - generally speaking, nations (the ones in the game) know the force structure and equipment list of their opponents. Tactical intel folks (Div and lower echelons) have a good idea of what units are operating in their sector and how they operate.

My mind goes in the direction of the enemy OB briefed is not what the player encounters. This could be from a mis-identified enemy unit (as provided by higher HQ in the enemy situation) of the unexpected appearance (surprise!) of a unit not seen in sector up to this point.

It's not really a matter of "Oh, we thought they had T72s, not T80s. Sorry about that." But, which Bde of an OMG moves into your sector? Yes, that could be a situation where what you meet is not what you were told to expect. Another that could reasonably happen is an airborne or air assault that caught one nation by surprise.

Obviously, this kind of feature is not trivial to add if we go the path of this level of situational fidelity. In a real command post, the intel types have a list they update of expected enemy units, confirmed enemy units, and reported kills on those units. That might be a cool thing to have in the game.
Jeff
Sua Sponte

Return to “Requested Features and Ideas”