What would you like to see in a new Steel Panthers?

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

JEB Davis

RE: What would you like to see in a new Steel Panthers?

Post by JEB Davis »

What would you like to see in a new Steel Panthers?
I would like to see an updated SP:WaW.
Reduce SP:WaW slaughter, "Low Carnage":
Settings: 80Spot,80Hit,100R/R,XXXTQ,110TkT,150InfT,180AvSoft,130AvArm,150SOFire / Command & Ctrl ON / AutoRally OFF
Enhanced http://enhanced.freeforums.org
Depot https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/spwawdepot/
maitrebongo

Post by maitrebongo »

Hi,

Me too, and the kickstarter idea will be good to show Matrix we are numerous to hope this NEW steel Panthers games.
"Impossible is not French" Napoleon Bonaparte
Riitaoja

Post by Riitaoja »

Just in case you have not noticed this yet:
tm.asp?m=3885806
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Steel Tigers is what you have all been waiting for, no more details for now, but when we can share we will. [8D]

Steel Tigers is coming! [X(]
sami heimola

Post by sami heimola »

What's next game after that? Steel Lions[:'(]? Anyway, no matter what name it is[;)]...
budd

Post by budd »

Pretty much played SP for 10 straight years, it's what brought me to Matrix a very long time ago, but haven't played in a long time.I didn't read the whole thread don't know if this has been mentioned, a better LOS calculation please, i hated that AI spin move seemed like there was no point to maneuver for a flank or rear shot on basically any unit. The rest i defer to others that have kept playing all these years. I do hope they keep the top down graphics, seems like with all the OOB work people have done over the years it should cut down on that part of the work. Somebody get a hold of Wild Bill[:)]
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
wodin

Post by wodin »

I'd be more optimistic if 2by3 was making the game engine to be honest. It sounds as if Slitherine are making an engine one size fits all kind of thing.

Still I want top down graphics, WEGO\ Simulation turns (this should be the major new feature for SP\Tactical wargame made by 2by3, I also want squad size units and individual vehicles. Campaigns, dynamic weather, detailed damage model, multi story buildings, Cellars, Fortified buildings, sewers, be able to breach walls, leaders, detailed AAR's, award\medal mechanic, detailed unit stats, huge selection of vehicles and weapons, a good close combat mechanic, air support, off map Arty, Counter Battery, well made maps with decent amount of terrain features like walls both high and low, raised railway embankments, ravines, variety of crops and different heights depending on season etc etc, maybe get rid of hexes and use pixel movement this would help solve oddities with regards to terrain abstraction , high level command for very big scenarios so you can give orders to platoon or even company, good selection of SOP's, a good choice of FOW settings\options upto friendly FOW, AI Allies and finally a great TAC AI.
Major_Mess

Post by Major_Mess »

ORIGINAL: wodin

I'd be more optimistic if 2by3 was making the game engine to be honest. It sounds as if Slitherine are making an engine one size fits all kind of thing.

Still I want top down graphics, WEGO\ Simulation turns (this should be the major new feature for SP\Tactical wargame made by 2by3, I also want squad size units and individual vehicles. Campaigns, dynamic weather, detailed damage model, multi story buildings, Cellars, Fortified buildings, sewers, be able to breach walls, leaders, detailed AAR's, award\medal mechanic, detailed unit stats, huge selection of vehicles and weapons, a good close combat mechanic, air support, off map Arty, Counter Battery, well made maps with decent amount of terrain features like walls both high and low, raised railway embankments, ravines, variety of crops and different heights depending on season etc etc, maybe get rid of hexes and use pixel movement this would help solve oddities with regards to terrain abstraction , high level command for very big scenarios so you can give orders to platoon or even company, good selection of SOP's, a good choice of FOW settings\options upto friendly FOW, AI Allies and finally a great TAC AI.

This

MM
Click below. You know you want to!!

Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

The way to look at this is that it's a full court, full company press. We are giving this our all and giving Gary and Joel every bit of support we can to make this as great as we possibly can. IMHO that's great news for all SP fans. [8D]

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

The way to look at this is that it's a full court, full company press. We are giving this our all and giving Gary and Joel every bit of support we can to make this as great as we possibly can. IMHO that's great news for all SP fans. [8D]

Regards,

- Erik
I agree, Erik, especially since WAW is just pissing me off lately with little problems here and there! Glad to hear something is in the works!
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
wodin

Post by wodin »

Good news..can't wait to see some more info on features.

Regards,

- Erik
Riitaoja

Post by Riitaoja »

Well we have the original designers of Steel Panthers and the founder of SSI making a new Steel Panthers game so I dont think we need to worry.
sami heimola

Post by sami heimola »

Hmm now we could to speculate is it only WW2-based or maybe WW2->modern times game (like SP3)[:'(] ...
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Hmmm indeed!![:D]
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
Falcon1

Post by Falcon1 »

To be a true spiritual successor it will have to be extremely flexible as far as modability and scenario design, just like SPWAW and TOAW3 are. And it must be turn based and the same scale, no "real time" stuff.
wodin

Post by wodin »

OK just read that the STUB engine i.e Battle Academy is the basis of the new Archon engine that will be used for Steel Tigers....make your own conclusions.

From Pip over at Slitherine

"We are continuing to support the STUB engine going forward, and it is the basis for the new Archon engine too.

Cheers

Pip"
Freyr Oakenshield

Post by Freyr Oakenshield »

a "window mode/full screen" setting + make it more compatible with present-day large monitor screens...
Alby

Post by Alby »

wow a lot of familiar faces in this thread lol

sami heimola

Post by sami heimola »

Hmm is "volume knob/meter" mentioned yet? It's pity that SPWAW had no any volume knob/meter thing for those players who like to listen mp3 etc. music during playing[8|]... Anyone agree?
Alby

Post by Alby »

There is options to turn off music and sounds

sami heimola

Post by sami heimola »

Alby, yes I know but if I would like to listening music (mp3 files for example) during game, SPWAW sounds will "cover" music quite effective way because loss of any volume knob... And I like to hear both at same time (but SPWAW's sounds bit lower if any way possible in background).

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”