Community Facilities Pack?

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

xenophanes

Community Facilities Pack?

Post by xenophanes »

Hi,

since many community members have contributed import files for various types of facilities, ranging from civilian cities to early warning site location, I wonder if there is interest for a community-organized import/export pack, similar to the Community Scenario Pack and the DB images?
I think compiling the files would help making the great effort by some users much more visible and accessible, especially since manually looking through and downloading possibly obselete or unmaintained import/export files is quite a PITA - but that's just my personal opinion. I would say the same arguments that apply to the Community Scenario Pack also apply here.

Looking forward to your feedback!
magi

RE: Community Facilities Pack?

Post by magi »

I have thinking been about this and believed to be a very fine idea… WhatI would like to see the templates of the facilities broken down locally/regionally… that could be imported in modified in the editor if one so chooses for the developments of scenarios..... Baloogan and another guys may have already done this…
I have also been contemplating people for guilds and cooperatively develop scenarios… it would help to relieve the burden by sharing the work...
xenophanes

Post by xenophanes »

Hi magi,

I also think that the current "flat" ordering by country is a bit difficult to navigate. (On a side note: It would be practical to select multiple facilties to import at once, manually selecting them is a bit cumbersome, but there are more important things the devs should focus on than that [:)])

I guess I will open a new thread where import file authors willing to have their work incorporated can post, just like it's done with the Community Scenario Thread.
magi

Post by magi »

ORIGINAL: xenophanes

Hi magi,

I also think that the current "flat" ordering by country is a bit difficult to navigate. (On a side note: It would be practical to select multiple facilties to import at once, manually selecting them is a bit cumbersome, but there are more important things the devs should focus on than that [:)])

I guess I will open a new thread where import file authors willing to have their work incorporated can post, just like it's done with the Community Scenario Thread.

I was thinking of the community doing this not the devs… That we could develop regional maps and post them in a thread… That anybody could use and edit as they see fit…. Already a lot of the guys have developed maps that could be posted as templates for other people to use… It would just save time in scenario development if we shared what we had… I believe on the Baloogan site he has a lot of imports that are available…

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”