[ANSWERED] FBD and support construction units

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Darojax

[ANSWERED] FBD and support construction units

Post by Darojax »

Hi all.

Did some experimentation and removed all the construction support units attached to 2 of my FBD units. Now these 2 FBD units cannot repair rail. Is there any way to reattach construcion support units to FBD units? Or have I ruined my campaign? :|

Thankful for assistance

Dan
morvael

RE: FBD and support construction units

Post by morvael »

Wait for .05. Otherwise ruined :-)
Darojax

Post by Darojax »

Okay, thanks. :)
elxaime

Post by elxaime »

ORIGINAL: morvael

Wait for .05.

Any further ETA on 0.5?
JVJ
morvael

Post by morvael »

I can only say that our team has finished and it's in the pipeline now. [:)]
Blind Sniper

Post by Blind Sniper »

Great news! [:)]
WitP-AE - WitE - CWII - BASPM - BaB

[center]Image[/center]
elxaime

Post by elxaime »

[&o]
JVJ
RealChuckB

Post by RealChuckB »

Hi morvael,

This is indeed good news! One question: do you know how the patching of the Steam version will be handled? I assume that .05 will basically be an "official" patch that Matrix Games will publish on the website but that that mean it will also be pushed to Steam?

Thanks (and many thanks for keeping WitE alive and kicking!)

Chuck
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

AFAIR it's to be released as Beta first. So not on Steam unless they set up a Beta program there.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
RealChuckB

Post by RealChuckB »

ORIGINAL: Denniss

AFAIR it's to be released as Beta first. So not on Steam unless they set up a Beta program there.

Thanks! Steam actually supports Beta programs - and quite well. You can generally or specifically opt-in to participate and there is a nice pull-down menu for each game that supports this that allows you to even roll back to older versions, if you want to. Paradox Interactive uses this for their games and I used it recently to try the 1.13 beta of EU IV, which worked really well
morvael

Post by morvael »

I hope they will have the resources (time) to setup this. I know for sure they are aware of this option. I think it makes sense to add beta channel, knowing that nearly everyone plays on latest beta and that it takes a few months to make official from a beta.
paul69696

Re: [ANSWERED] FBD and support construction units

Post by paul69696 »

Lol well I also have been experimenting with removing construction units from my FBD and I too have the issue it breaks the FBD.. looks like the patch from 2015 no longer does the job as I am not able to reattach construction units to my FBD..

How many construction units to the FBDs need to function anyhow? Removing the RAD construction didn't appear to have an effect on it.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

error
Last edited by Chris21wen on Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

paul69696 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:21 am Lol well I also have been experimenting with removing construction units from my FBD and I too have the issue it breaks the FBD.. looks like the patch from 2015 no longer does the job as I am not able to reattach construction units to my FBD..

How many construction units to the FBDs need to function anyhow? Removing the RAD construction didn't appear to have an effect on it.
Not played for a while so had to read it up here. https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 6&t=327910

FBD are the lowest type of HQ unit and can have any number of construction units attached.
7.7.3.1. Support Unit Attachment Restrictions says.
....Rail repair units can only attach construction battalions and labor groups, and while these support units can be manually attached, there is no automatic ability using the support level system other units have....

Other than that these support units are attached as they are in any HQ/unit ussing the Assign button.

Section 14.1.1. movement point says
'Movement point allowance of rail repair units (FBD or NKPS) will now depend on their RRV (rail repair value) and TOE percentage. Base
allowance will be equal to RRV+1 (with a maximum RRV of 16), multiplied by 10%+TOE% (with a maximum of 100%). To maintain full
repair speed it is necessary to keep the rail repair unit at over 90% TOE, and have enough construction units attached to get RRV 15.'

Read in conjunction with section 14.2.2.4. Railroad Repair Value (RRV) and Repair Eligibility. Basically everytime you add a construction unit to a FBD/NKPS unit, the RRV increases to a max of 16. The higher the number the quicker it repairs.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”