CMANO v1.09 Release Candidate thread (CURRENT: RC11 - B746)

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

mikmykWS

RE: Build 740

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: HaughtKarl

Not sure if this is the right thread for this but the AGM-114K Hellfire II picture is of the HAWK.

That's a community project. You can connect to them here:

tm.asp?m=3441939

Thanks

Mike
mikmykWS

RE: Build 743: Problem with diesel boat battery charging

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: Lawdog1700

Any idea when this will be ready for Steam? The last time I tried to update myself I ended up freezing my Command program and it didn't work until I erased everything and started again.

We are not planning to offer the release candidates via a steam push. Folks can install if over the top though manually. Only the final release version will be pushed through steam. You may have to reinstall given the nature of what's in the next update regardless.

Mike
smudge56

Post by smudge56 »

Thanks again guys for your great work keep it coming.
AKA - Smudge
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

CMANO v1.09 Release Candidate 10 (Build 745)

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B205vp ... sp=sharing

Unzip to your existing CMANO installation folder. (Backup your current Command.exe just in case)

IMPORTANT NOTE: Because of changes in the way that the program checks for a valid license, if you have not actually installed Command on your current OS (e.g. re-installed the OS after installing Command or copied the entire installation folder from another PC etc.) you may get an "insufficient license" warning when attempting to load a scenario. If this is the case then re-install Command. If the problem persists after a proper installation please contact us immediately through PM/email. Thanks!

Fixed/Added:
------------------
FIXED: Null-reference crash
FIXED: BVR speed/altitude fix
FIXED: Open-air air facilities vulnerable to destruction by secondary damage (fire)
smudge56

Post by smudge56 »

Ok I'm probably doing something wrong but for some reason I cannot create groups. Any ideas (I may be doing something wrong).
AKA - Smudge
Tomcat84

Post by Tomcat84 »

What kind of units are you trying to group?

With air units, you cannot group different types or aircraft or same types of aircraft with different loadouts.

e.g.
- you can group two identical F-16CM Blk 50s (2016) that both have a ferry loadout
- you cannot group two identical F-16CM Blk 50s (2016) of which one has an AIM-120 loadout and one has a GBU-31 loadout
- you cannot group an F-16CM and an F-15E that both have a ferry loadout.

If it's not about air units then please give more details and I'll see whats up. Or even post a save so I can experiment.
My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )
smudge56

Post by smudge56 »

ORIGINAL: emsoy

ORIGINAL: Dysta

ORIGINAL: emsoy

Can you elaborate please?

When I press "unit order" at top menu list, the Group Unit is grey out and I cannot select it. I already confirmed I have selected multiple same dimensional units but still not letting me press it. I have to press the G hey for the hothey of group units, and it is functional.

Have tried to reproduce this here and the 'Group Unit' menu option is always available when own units are selected. So it seems to work fine [8D]

You might have stumbled upon a special case. Would it be possible for you to upload a savegame so that I can run the exact same situation in the debugger, and also post a step-by-step list on how to reproduce?

Thanks!
When I press "unit order" at top menu list, the Group Unit is grey out and I cannot select it. I already confirmed I have selected multiple same dimensional units but still not letting me press it. I have to press the G hey for the hothey of group units, and it is functional.

I'm having the same issue as Dysta. When I select a group of for example aircraft the Menu options are greyed out. I can use the hotkey 'G' and it works. If i DO NOT click off them I can also using the hot key 'D' to detach them, but if I click off them at all. The hot keys dont' work as well as the menu options being greyed out.

I have just tested it in the create a blank scenario option. Here is the file.
Attachments
Testforg..goption.zip
(13.11 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
AKA - Smudge
smudge56

Post by smudge56 »

I have done a screen capture hopefully showing the greyed out menu options. Also you can see from the message log I was able to dissolve one group before I clicked off it. If you create it again an click off it you cannot the dissolve the group. I hope this helps mate.

Oh and it also does it with ships as well.

Update :- If I press the Delete button I can dissolve the group. This works even if I click off the group, So there is a work around at the moment. But it doesn't explain the greyed out menu options and the 'D' detach not working if you click of the grouped units.

Though I could be doing something wrong or not understanding there use?
Attachments
ScreenCap..eyedout.gif
ScreenCap..eyedout.gif (98.4 KiB) Viewed 736 times
AKA - Smudge
smudge56

Post by smudge56 »

Ok Could the issue be regarding Unit view the 'V' key. Even with that it still seems that the menu options for grouping is greyed out. I can still only use 'G' to group up.
AKA - Smudge
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

I'm having the same issue as Dysta. When I select a group of for example aircraft the Menu options are greyed out. I can use the hotkey 'G' and it works. If i DO NOT click off them I can also using the hot key 'D' to detach them, but if I click off them at all. The hot keys dont' work as well as the menu options being greyed out.

I have just tested it in the create a blank scenario option. Here is the file.

Thanks for the save! Was real easy to reproduce from the save + description, and the problem has been fixed [:D]

I'm not sure if the fix will make it into the 1.09 (that's up to Dimitris to decide) but it will in any case be included in the next build (B746).

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

ORIGINAL: Blighty56
Update :- If I press the Delete button I can dissolve the group. This works even if I click off the group, So there is a work around at the moment. But it doesn't explain the greyed out menu options and the 'D' detach not working if you click of the grouped units.

Though I could be doing something wrong or not understanding there use?

The Detach option only works in Unit View [8D]

smudge56

Post by smudge56 »

Emsoy ok thanks I hope it helped anyhow.

I see you're still in a cold and snowy place [;)]
AKA - Smudge
Dysta

Post by Dysta »

Apologize I haven't made one scenario for it.
Tomcat84

Post by Tomcat84 »

edit: this is what happens when you open a thread, go do something else for half an hour, and dont refresh before writing an answer haha

Yeah I think for "detach unit" you have to be in Unit view mode, not group view, and select the 1 or more units that you want to detach from that group. Outside the editor I am not sure there is one "dissolve entire group" option like there is with Delete in the editor.

Not sure about the greyed out G key.
My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )
smudge56

Post by smudge56 »

I think Emsoy has it in hand.
AKA - Smudge
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

ORIGINAL: Blighty56

Emsoy ok thanks I hope it helped anyhow.

I see you're still in a cold and snowy place [;)]

Yes, the savegame was very helpful. The sim is very complex and it is often near-impossible to produce the exact same conditions that you experience. Thus the need for savegames.

ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Tomcat84 found a nasty bug that I accidently introduced in RC10 as part of a No-Reference fix.

So don't bother with RC10 and grab RC11 when it is out.

Thanks again for your support guys [8D]

nocacounsel

Post by nocacounsel »

Using RC9 (I skipped RC10 given emsoy's message), it appears the "Use Refuel/UNREP" of a tanker (e.g. KA-3B) affects whether airborne refueling works when the determinant should be just the receiving aircraft's doctrine (or at least used to be).

I often set the global/general refueling option to 'never' and then individually enable the aircraft I want to have a drink & manually select "Refuel (if possible)". If the tanker is set to 'never' in its individual doctrine for refueling (the inherited stance given my general settings) then the refueling will not occur. However, if the tanker is set to 'always' or 'always excluding tankers' then the refueling will occur like normal.

Thanks very much, Guys!
Attachments
Scenariof..Testing.zip
(4.63 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

I'm not sure but this may have been done so that a tanker can keep its fuel while on a support mission. I know some planes can act as tankers as well as perform other tasks - you don't want to have its fuel depleted in that case.
Michael
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

CMANO v1.09 Release Candidate 11 (Build 746)

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B205vp ... sp=sharing

Unzip to your existing CMANO installation folder. (Backup your current Command.exe just in case)

IMPORTANT NOTE: Because of changes in the way that the program checks for a valid license, if you have not actually installed Command on your current OS (e.g. re-installed the OS after installing Command or copied the entire installation folder from another PC etc.) you may get an "insufficient license" warning when attempting to load a scenario. If this is the case then re-install Command. If the problem persists after a proper installation please contact us immediately through PM/email. Thanks!

Fixed/Added:
------------------
FIXED: A number of crashes reported in B744/745
FIXED: ASBMs are not hit by SM-3s
FIXED: UnitOrders Group menu item not available in some cases

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”