Steel Tigers I hope...

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

wodin

Steel Tigers I hope...

Post by wodin »

The personality mechanics in the upcoming DC3 are absolutely superb. I really would love to see this idea taken on in other games, Steel Tigers being one of them. It would add another dimension to the game and make it stand out from all other tactical wargames. Man management skills are just as important skill for lower rank officers and not just for Generals upwards. There have been many accounts of say a Coy commander ignoring orders and doing something different thereby saving his mens lives and being successful, and he may then be frowned upon by his superiors. In game this could mean your missions handed down from said superior and the worse sort as he has taken a dislike to you and you have to pray he gets promoted out or killed\wounded.
Kuokkanen

RE: Steel Tigers I hope...

Post by Kuokkanen »

DC3 = ???

I have played some wargames where character personalities can be significant factors. Jagged Alliance and Rules of Engagement are first to come to mind.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

Decisive Command 3
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

This is a risky area to get in to as what some people love others hate. Steel Tigers is going to start with the basics and possibly layer this stuff in later if there is a demand but it would definitely be in some way that it could be turned on and off. The engine is intended to be very mod friendly so it may be possible to add this in yourself as well :)
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
wodin

Post by wodin »

Hmm..can't see how you could add in something similar to DC3 as it's so crucial to gameplay.
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

Decisive Command 3
I can't find anything about it [&:]
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
budd

Post by budd »

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
marcpennington

Post by marcpennington »

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

This is a risky area to get in to as what some people love others hate. Steel Tigers is going to start with the basics and possibly layer this stuff in later if there is a demand but it would definitely be in some way that it could be turned on and off. The engine is intended to be very mod friendly so it may be possible to add this in yourself as well :)

Sorry, I'm just going to ask: is there any way we could have a preview/ screenshot or anything as such on Steel Tigers? I imagine even the first screenshot on Steel Tigers will keep these forums occupied for months.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Nope, we're not ready for that yet, but we will share some screenshots in time.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
hellfish6

Post by hellfish6 »

Again, completely, utterly looking forward to ST without knowing a thing about it. If the first version is a success, are there any plans to introduce a Cold War/modern version (Steel Leopard? Steel Abrams? Steel T-80?).

Thanks
PipFromSlitherine

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Hmm..can't see how you could add in something similar to DC3 as it's so crucial to gameplay.
All the gameplay for ST will be in user-accessible scripts which you can use to mod in new elements of any kind, in the same way that people have added leaders/radios/etc in BA mods.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “General Discussion”