Panzer Command Modding

Panzer Command: Ostfront is the latest in a new series of 3D turn-based tactical wargames which include single battles, multi-battle operations and full war campaigns with realistic units, tactics and terrain and an informative and practical interface. Including a full Map Editor, 60+ Scenarios, 10 Campaigns and a very long list of improvements, this is the ultimate Panzer Command release for the Eastern Front!

Moderator: rickier65

Hartwich

Panzer Command Modding

Post by Hartwich »

Hello,

I recently downloaded the demo and its a great play so far. Big original Combat Mission fanboy! Anyway I was playing around with the infantry sizes and was beginning to double the squad sizes to around 8-12 men. I feel it gives the game a better touch visually. However I do wish to go a few steps further or see if it is possible before making the purchase. One problem that I am currently facing: Is it possible to space out the models in the squad a little bit more? Right now they are a little bunched up due to more men. (Ex. Also adding more men to machine gun units, but the new models are placed directly on the gun)?
rickier65

RE: Panzer Command Modding

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Hartwich

Hello,

I recently downloaded the demo and its a great play so far. Big original Combat Mission fanboy! Anyway I was playing around with the infantry sizes and was beginning to double the squad sizes to around 8-12 men. I feel it gives the game a better touch visually. However I do wish to go a few steps further or see if it is possible before making the purchase. One problem that I am currently facing: Is it possible to space out the models in the squad a little bit more? Right now they are a little bunched up due to more men. (Ex. Also adding more men to machine gun units, but the new models are placed directly on the gun)?

I'm afraid I can't answer those questions. But I suspect the spacing of the individual infantry models may be in the code. Mobius still visits and posts and he *might* be able to respond, though I think most of his modeling for the game was on the vehicles and buildings. I haven't seen spellir around lately, but I know he did a lot of work on the infantry modeks so he might be able to contribute. There are a few others that might know, but I haven't seen them in here lately.

I'm glad you enjoyed the demo, I think it's a fair peek at how the game plays, though the demo has not been updated with the latest patch.

Thanks
Rick
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

I think the most the squad can be increased to is 10 men. Though when the squad is mounted it reverts to 3 men as there are only 3 mount points in things like tanks, houses or foxholes. Since sight ranging and fire is calculated from the center of the squad not each individual spreading the men out doesn't gain anything tactical.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
Hartwich

Post by Hartwich »

Thanks for your reply both Rick and Mobius!

I definitively understand that adding men won't add to the general health or radius to which the unit occupies. I was doing it more for a gaming aesthetic if anything else. I'll have to experiment around today and see if I can add more then 10 unit models per squad.

Pretty sure so far this one is worth a buy! Just need to wait on Octobers entertainment budget... [X(]
Hartwich

Post by Hartwich »

*Just a quick note, I was playing around further with the demo and was able to get 16 infantry models per squad (didn't test beyond that as they got quite smushed together), very cool!
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Hartwich

*Just a quick note, I was playing around further with the demo and was able to get 16 infantry models per squad (didn't test beyond that as they got quite smushed together), very cool!

glad that worked for you

thanks Rick

Return to “Panzer Command: Ostfront”