1st FJ To Sicily ??

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

Rugens

1st FJ To Sicily ??

Post by Rugens »

Perhaps I'm just missing something obvious but I cannot see a way to get a portion of the 1st FJ XX air transported to Sicily in the timeframe they actually accomplished the move.

My memory is that some elements of the 1st FJ XX were transported from Avignon to airfields near Rome and then further transported (some being air dropped) just in the nick of time (from the German perspective of course) in and around Catania.

Is my general memory on the movement failing. If not, can someone tell me how to accomplish it in game terms.
“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.” - Robert_McCloskey

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”