[WAD] autoplanner doesn't take no-navigation zones into consideration

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

DeSade

[WAD] autoplanner doesn't take no-navigation zones into consideration

Post by DeSade »

When you create strike mission with auto-planner checked, when launched it will plot course even if no-navigation zone exists on the planned path.

In effect, units will try to detour around zone. Whats worse, if waypoint for plotted attack path exists inside zone, units will try to reach that waypoint, moving around edge of the zone until scenario ends or out of fuel.

I'm sorry for incomplete report, but I'm away from home and can't currently upload screen/save - I will try to do it tonight or tommorow night.
Tomcat84

RE: autoplanner doesn't take no-navigation zones into consideration

Post by Tomcat84 »

Not able to replicate this myself? Can you describe more clearly what the problem is cause I am not sure?

For me when doing some testing, either they dont launch with the message that they cant find a course (e.g. when the target is completely surrounded by the no nav zone or it's too much of an obstacle) and if I manually launch them they RTB straight away saying mission over,

or

they plot a correct path like this:

So would be good to get some more info to figure out what is going on [:)]
My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )
DeSade

RE: autoplanner doesn't take no-navigation zones into consideration

Post by DeSade »

For some reason I can not reproduce it now, I tried and it works as intended. Sorry for lame report, lets close it :)

Return to “Tech Support”