TF Routing Options, Normal vs Direct

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

sfatula

TF Routing Options, Normal vs Direct

Post by sfatula »

What would be the difference between normal and direct TF routing? Normal in the manual merely says defines a normal routing path. Well, not very specific. Normal to me would mean straight there, I would call that normal. But, it must not be, as direct says direct routing to the destination.

This leaves me wondering, what is normal then! Is it merely less safe than Safer, however, not as reckless potentially as direct?
LeeChard

RE: TF Routing Options, Normal vs Direct

Post by LeeChard »

Later in the game if you've island hopped you'll find your supply TF's will go out of their way to avoid
enemy occupied bases. If you know that they don't represent a threat you can order you route to go direct
and your ships will sail right past them.
HansBolter

RE: TF Routing Options, Normal vs Direct

Post by HansBolter »

Agree with Ranger.

Normal with have a Normal reaction to threat.

Direct seems to override threat tolerance settings.
Hans

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”