Did you really think I'd stop at One effort-post?

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

sami heimola

RE: Did you really think I'd stop at One effort-post?

Post by sami heimola »

Major Mess, yes it's "your" Enhanced FR mod scenario[;)].
Major_Mess

Post by Major_Mess »

Okey Dokey Sami,

I'll pull that scen up in the Editor and see what I've done.

I'll get back to you. [:)]

MM
Click below. You know you want to!!

Major_Mess

Post by Major_Mess »

Sami,

I don't know what to say .....

I started that scenario on the ENH-FR build that was cloned for the D/L.

Me - Rumania
Turn #1, before I even move I can spot Turan I's in the distance.

I'm truly at a loss here.

????

Major Mess
Click below. You know you want to!!

Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: sami heimola

Btw, I noticed in "Ancient Enemies" scen Turan 1 icon seems not to be shown (some way damaged icon file)[8|]... Anybody else seen this too?
Negative. I just checked it out and icons are just fine. Just to make certain, were you playing game from here?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Riitaoja

Post by Riitaoja »

Btw, I noticed in "Ancient Enemies" scen Turan 1 icon seems not to be shown (some way damaged icon file)[8|]... Anybody else seen this too?
There is a bug where once you destroy one of those Turan tanks it's graphic disappears. This is an old bug and it is actualy in the game code not in the oob's or scenario. It can also be seen in desert maps when playing against the British (maybe other allies too). Sometimes when you destroy a tank it leaves no wreck graphic on the map.

Attachments
no_wreck_graphic.jpg
no_wreck_graphic.jpg (82.86 KiB) Viewed 308 times
Kanov

Post by Kanov »

I have never played steel panthers, I'm confused at all the versions. But want to try it since it is known as one of the best tactical simulators.

Is this SPWaW ENH-FR V1.1 installer a stand alone game? ie will I be able to play SP with just that installer or do I need to download the game first from matrix? can I play campaigns in this version or do I need the megacampaigns? any sort of guide for dummies explaining Steel panthers? like the history behind the games and what is different between versions and why some are free and others are not etc.

Thanks
Hard-core Spectre
DROregon

Post by DROregon »

ORIGINAL: Kanov

I have never played steel panthers, I'm confused at all the versions. But want to try it since it is known as one of the best tactical simulators.

Is this SPWaW ENH-FR V1.1 installer a stand alone game? ie will I be able to play SP with just that installer or do I need to download the game first from matrix? can I play campaigns in this version or do I need the megacampaigns? any sort of guide for dummies explaining Steel panthers? like the history behind the games and what is different between versions and why some are free and others are not etc.

Thanks
The SPWAW ENH-FR V1.1 installer gives you a complete game, with Scenarios (single battles) and Campaigns (multiple linked battles) updated to this latest version. This Enhanced "Final Release" is a free mod on top of the last Matrix release. This is all free of charge. The mega campaigns were built on a previous release and will not run properly with this Enhanced release. You don't need to buy the mega campaigns to enjoy the campaigns included in this release.

This Enhanced mod is considered the most complete user effort to update the oob files (units, weapons, formation) for consistency across nations. Many graphics and sounds files have also been updated, as well as encyclopedia files (unit descriptions). Generally speaking, most players of the game are using this Enhanced mod. This V1.1 installer just combined everything into a single install. (Previous to this V1.1, You had to install a Matrix version, update it to Matrix's latest release, then install the Enhanced mod on top. Now this is done in the single install)

I hope this helps explain.
Riitaoja

Post by Riitaoja »

...any sort of guide for dummies explaining Steel panthers? like the history behind the games and what is different between versions and why some are free and others are not etc.
List of original games:
-Steel Panthers 1 was released in 1995 and covered World War 2.
-Steel Panthers 2 was released in 1996 and covered modern battles from 1950 - 1999.
-Steel Panthers 3 was released in 1997 and covered both WW2 and modern battles.

After this the fans got permission to use the game code and develop free games. These free games became known as:
-Steel Panthers World War 2 (a free fan created game based on Steel Panthers 2 code) - Camo Workshop.
-Steel Panthers World at War (a free fan created game based on Steel Panthers 3 code) - Matrix Games.
-Steel Panthers Main Battle tank (a free fan created game also based on Steel Panthers 2 code) - Camo Workshop.

Now after a while both Steel Panthers World War 2 and Steel Panthers World at War games got additional non-free versions:
-Steel Panthers World at War got the Mega Campaigns which you need to buy. They are like normal campaigns but much larger and contain a large strategic map that shows your progress in the campaign.
-Steel Panthers World War 2 also got a non-free version that differs from the free version by adding higher resolutions and all sorts of small improvements and features not available in the free version.
sami heimola

Post by sami heimola »

Hmm I had only 1.0 version[8|]... I didn't knew about 1.1 version (until now)[X(]. I must d/l and install 1.1 immediately[:'(]
Kanov

Post by Kanov »

Thanks for the response guys.

I will get this immediately!

Thanks for your efforts.
Hard-core Spectre
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

Two Red Army companies, going through valley pass.
One jäger platoon says: "You shall NOT pass!"

Does it rhyme?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
sami heimola

Post by sami heimola »

Hmm I will play Ancient scen as Romanian again and check icon thing again[8|]... I will report again (in that case of finding "alive" but still "empty" icon).
sami heimola

Post by sami heimola »

50 mm AT-gun "empty" icons (80,126) (77,128) but still firing...
No "empty" Turan's[X(]
Maybe I meant those AT-guns?
Alby

Post by Alby »

50 mm AT-gun "empty" icons (80,126) (77,128) but still firing...
No "empty" Turan's[X(]
Maybe I meant those AT-guns?
Correct Icons are assigned to the 50mm Romanian AT guns
[&:]

sami heimola

Post by sami heimola »

Well is it possible that those "dug positioned" AT-guns confused me (icons just not showed from far distance)[X(]? If so,case closed[;)].

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”