[FIXED B745] Open-air air facilities vulnerable to destruction by secondary damage

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

e2204588

[FIXED B745] Open-air air facilities vulnerable to destruction by secondary damage

Post by e2204588 »

"Longtian Runway Access Point (Very Large Aircraft)" got 100% damage but not destroyed.
Since it can't be attacked anymore. It became indestructible state.

Attachments
Runwaydestroyb743.zip
(174.87 KiB) Not downloaded yet
e2204588

RE: Runway access point can't be destroyed [B743]

Post by e2204588 »

Destroyed

Attachments
destroyed.jpg
destroyed.jpg (115.28 KiB) Viewed 70 times
e2204588

Post by e2204588 »

Operational?

Attachments
normal.jpg
normal.jpg (120.91 KiB) Viewed 70 times
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

This is by design. Open-air air facilities (runways, taxiways, revetments, open parking spaces etc.) cannot be completely destroyed with conventional weapons. (You can drop a thousand bombs on them and there will still be a tiny piece of land usable for e.g. a small helo to take off from).

This doesn't mean that attacking them is fruitless; at 99.9% damage pretty much nothing can operate. But they can be repaired over time and regain the ability to operate gradually larger aircraft.

The only way to completely eliminate them is to trigger a nuclear detonation close enough that they are engulfed in the total-destruction radius (ie. a groundburst or low airburst).

Thanks!
Kitchens Sink

Post by Kitchens Sink »

Interesting. Is this new for Build 743? I seem to recall similar facilities could be completely destroyed in earlier versions and disappear from the maps on both sides with a message "XXX has been lost". I guess this would also affect scoring in scenarios where points are added/subtracted based on destruction of runways, access points, etc? Not sure if the point scoring would actually fire now. Maybe I am not remembering how this was handled previously.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

This isn't new, it has been implemented this way for a while now and IIRC the change has been included in release notes.

Yes, if a scen author has assigned points to total destruction of runways etc. he must revise the trigger.
Kitchens Sink

Post by Kitchens Sink »

Thanks for the response Sunburn. The reason I asked is that I just completely destroyed some runways and access points in 743 yesterday during a scenario test (at least I thought I did). I will attach a game save in a bit. I just need to run the save game up to the point just before missiles impact. The side being hit showed 99.9% destruction for a short while, then it shows them destroyed on both sides and off the map and Airbase Group Composition lists.
Kitchens Sink

Post by Kitchens Sink »

Ok, attached is a game save outlining my post above. This is Build 743 Open in editor mode and you can watch either Russian or Nato side. Here is what I see:

1. The NATO facilities at Incirlik are getting ready to be shellacked by a combined Kh-101 and Kh-32 missile strike. Runways and Access Points are targeted

2. The Kh-32's arrive first at about 18:18:00 Zulu, and hit several access points (and an ammo dump). About 30 seconds pass, and a message appears that several access points have been lost. I inserted an event to trigger negative points for NATO when one of their access points is destroyed. It fires 4 times in the run I just did.

3. I check the NATO side Airbase Composition list and it went from 16 access points to 12. I also checked the NATO scoring, it is at -80 accounting for 4 destroyed access points. I use the F9 key and a few access points are gone. They stay at 99.9% for about 30 seconds, then vanish and the scoring event fires.

4. The Kh-101's arrive at about 18:24:00 Zulu and hit the runway multiple times. Same as 2 and 3 above...runway negative point event fires for NATO side for Runway Destroyed.

Attachments
CrimeaRiver5.zip
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 4 times
e2204588

Post by e2204588 »

I see.
But it is strange. Because I can't attack this runway access point anymore. (Already tagged as "destroyed")

Maybe runway access point should have its own damage mechanism instead of damage points.

Kitchens Sink

Post by Kitchens Sink »

I thought I would circle back on this to see if any of the moderators/developers played the game save I posted on 9/16. I'm still getting complete runway and access point destruction in the "Crimea River" scenario I am working on. Is there something wrong with the scenario that I need to rebuild, or maybe some file corruption in my system?

Thanks in advance for any help.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: Kitchens Sink

I thought I would circle back on this to see if any of the moderators/developers played the game save I posted on 9/16. I'm still getting complete runway and access point destruction in the "Crimea River" scenario I am working on. Is there something wrong with the scenario that I need to rebuild, or maybe some file corruption in my system?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sorry. Took a look and runways and access points are being destroyed although its not the weapon hits themselves but the heavy damage that occurs after. We'll take a look.

Mike
Kitchens Sink

Post by Kitchens Sink »

Thank you Mikmyk...that explains the 30 second delay in the firing of the points and messages.

Thanks for looking at it.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Big kudos to Mike for realizing the source of the total destruction was the secondary damage and not primary impacts. (Was banging my head on this yesterday).

Fixed in Build 745.
Kitchens Sink

Post by Kitchens Sink »

Thanks to all for looking into this and the quick fix

Return to “Tech Support”