OT: Black Hills and Ellis

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Cap Mandrake

RE: OT: Black Hills and Ellis

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

That's me in the 6th picture down.

John;

Have you ever done the Silverton and Durango trip?

Hey Cap!

We wanted to do Durango this summer but ran out of $$$ and time. Will do it next year.

We did the Cumbres and Toltec two summers ago and that ride was AMAZING! Highly recommend it.

"Cumbres and Toltec". It sounds fun just from the name. Colorado has some great place names. Telluride, Ouray, Leadville, Durango, Beaver Creek...etc

Durango has some cool old timey hotels "downtown"
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Here's what I booked into evidence.

Attachments
donkey1800.jpg
donkey1800.jpg (221.9 KiB) Viewed 103 times

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Attachments
donkey2800.jpg
donkey2800.jpg (266.54 KiB) Viewed 103 times

Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

State Park Rangers Hunt Individual Who Poisoned Jack Ass: FBI Animal Cruelty Branch Called In

Custer State Park---State Park Rangers are searching for an individual or gang of viscious jack ass murderers who are belived armed with cartography materials and beleived dangerous. A much beloved jack ass named "Sitting Bull" was found dead Tuesday morning in the park. A necropsy revealed intestinal obstruction and chromium and lead poisoning. Said Superintendant Joe Gannon, "We are going to catch the jack ass that did this to our beloved jack ass and it will only be the professionalism of the department that prevents some Custer State Park road justice when we find him." Authorities are looking for the owner of a vehicle with red and grey interior which was seen in the area on Monday. Curiously, they are unable to comment on the exterior colors.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

This from Joe Friday

From Episode 21 - "The Shooting Board" (Aired Sept. 21, 1967)
(Speech by Captain Brown. The trial board for the shooting of Arthur Ashton has adjourned; for Joe it doesn't look too good. Captain Brown [Art Balinger] calls Friday and Gannon into his office.)
"You were issued this when you first came on the job. 20 bucks worth of brass and pot metal and a two-dollar leather case. You were told to give it a regular polish or it'd tarnish. It's easy to keep the metal bright and clean-but what about the men who carry it? The Department set up that board of inquiry--we did--ourselves. No political pressure, no citizens' groups, just us. And it's been in business for fifteen years. I've faced it before; so have a lot of others. Sometimes the going's rough. It has to be--but it's the best way to get at the truth we know of.
"We live in a free and open society. That's why that board was set up. I don't have to tell you we don't sweep anything under the rug here. No whitewashing of anybody or anything.
"That's why this hunk of metal means something and why it always will. It's not something we hide behind. It's something we live up to. Believe me, I know what you're going through, Joe. If the board rules against you it means a possible jury trial for manslaughter; dismissal from the force.
"But I know this, too: You want this cleared up with facts, not opinions. And that's the way it's gonna be. You men are professionals at your job. And you're judged first by professionals just like yourselves. Men who aren't out to whitewash you. Men who aren't out to bury you. I wouldn't want it any other way, and neither would you--because the alternative sickens me!
"None of us want to see this [Friday's badge] turned into a hunting license!"

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

And Joe says, "That's Bill Gannon to you."

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I'm mainly worried about this guy

Attachments
brodcraw.jpg
brodcraw.jpg (162.38 KiB) Viewed 103 times

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

This guy's helping him

Attachments
skyking.jpg
skyking.jpg (419.04 KiB) Viewed 103 times

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

This shows you how intrepid Sky King is

Attachments
skyking.jpg
skyking.jpg (464.72 KiB) Viewed 103 times

reg113

Post by reg113 »

How hard did you have to try to get lost in Custer State Park??? [:D]
Not a real easy thang to do, is it?
"Life's a b***h, then you die."
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: reg113

They're much simpler on Gorn, and there's park rangers and stuff. You know, north, south, east and west are simply imaginary concepts on Gorn.

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Things are much simpler on Gorn. Left turns are not allowed under any circumstances. Also, Asians must signal left if they wish to turn right. Only Mexicans are allowed to turn right from the left lane. I know this is difficult for an uncivilized species such as yourselves to grasp. There are soft-serve cones available to those of you whose attention span has reached zero.

wegman58

Post by wegman58 »

Found a piece of nose art that riled me up and I embarrassed the Admiral's wife with this shot!
[:D]

Is that an Aardvark? (F-111/FB-111/forget what the designation was for the Spark Vark)
Bill Goin
wegman58

Post by wegman58 »

Scale on a -29 is hard to imagine but look at the SIZE of this prop!

I wonder how big the one is on a Bear (Russian aircraft).
Bill Goin
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

They're much simpler on Gorn, and there's park rangers and stuff. You know, north, south, east and west are simply imaginary concepts on Gorn.

There is one loop in Custer State Park, with 4 access points. Only a complete...oh, wait. Never mind[:'(]
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

That's me in the 6th picture down.

John;

Have you ever done the Silverton and Durango trip?

Hey Cap!

We wanted to do Durango this summer but ran out of $$$ and time. Will do it next year.

We did the Cumbres and Toltec two summers ago and that ride was AMAZING! Highly recommend it.

"Cumbres and Toltec". It sounds fun just from the name. Colorado has some great place names. Telluride, Ouray, Leadville, Durango, Beaver Creek...etc

Durango has some cool old timey hotels "downtown"

I'm from Telluride. Town ain't what it used to be [:(]

If you like historic hotels, there are a few in South Park (Como & Frazier) that are still using the same plumbing & beds [X(] In Como there is still a standing roundhouse, and if you know where to look you can see the local cat house [:D]
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

If you like historic hotels, there are a few in South Park (Como & Frazier) that are still using the same plumbing & beds [X(] In Como there is still a standing roundhouse, and if you know where to look you can see the local cat house [:D]

No offense, but even though Telluride looks cool it has some of the snootiest business owners. Maybe that is what you mean. Haven't been there in perhaps 20 years. Bitchen 4WD road over to Ouray
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

No offense, but even though Telluride looks cool it has some of the snootiest business owners. Maybe that is what you mean. Haven't been there in perhaps 20 years. Bitchen 4WD road over to Ouray

No offense taken. Oprah had an airport built on the ridge, developers moved in, town went to hell. There is a '74 orange Bronco just to the south of that trail to Ouray. It's mine [;)] Gonna take a sky crane to get it outta there, if they ever make one that can fly that high [:D]
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

There is one loop in Custer State Park, with 4 access points. Only a complete...oh, wait. Never mind[:'(]

So that's why. It's a loop. It was like groundhog day, we kept ending up in the same spot! [8|] And yes, I'm the most complete gorn there ever was. [;)]

Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

For those who don't know, Telluride is in a box canyon. There was a single cable ore car that ran from town to the top of the canyon a few hundred feet up. Miners would ride the ore car to & from the mines in the 1800's, and the ride was called To Hell u Ride (hence the name). I found a panoramic pic my son took just last month. Bear in mind this is panoramic, so it is a full 180 squeezed into a JPEG. Let's see if I can get it to DL right.

Attachments
BridalVeila.jpg
BridalVeila.jpg (317.44 KiB) Viewed 103 times

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”