Contacts Not Updating to Reflect New Posture

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

ExNusquam

Contacts Not Updating to Reflect New Posture

Post by ExNusquam »

Run the save for 2-3 minutes for the Sims to land it's first hit. Once that occurs, an event should fire, triggering posture changes for the US Navy and Soviet Navy sides, which should make them hostile to each other. The US Navy sees all Soviet Navy contacts change to hostile, however, the Soviet Navy only sees contact that are actively engaging them as hostile. If you switch to God's Eye, you can see that the US Navy is in fact considered hostile by the Soviets, but most of the contacts IDed as US are considered neutral. I'm assuming this is a glitch of having collective responsibility unchecked.

Attachments
Collision..inentv2.zip
(437.52 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
thewood1

RE: Contacts Not Updating to Reflect New Posture

Post by thewood1 »

I thought having collective responsibility unchecked meant that only attacking units were considered hostile. I could easily mis-remember that...I have used it very little.
ExNusquam

Post by ExNusquam »

That's what it's used for and what I need it off for - I'd like the shooting to be initially contained to a small surface action before quickly escalating. However, The side-wide posture should override and declare everyone hostile. In the Baltic Air Policing scenario I created, this mechanic seemed to work, but I haven't tested that since the betas have been released.

Further testing has shown that if you start this with the US Navy "Unfriendly" to the Soviets, all US targets become hostile when the event fires. That may be my work-around.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

OK, so I understand...

The US Navy starts out neutral. There is no collective responsibility for the US Navy. One of its ships becomes hostile. But all other US Navy units are not hostile. From the USSR's perspective the US Navy ship alone is hostile. But when you look at "God's eye view", the US Navy ship that is hostile is shown as neutral. Is that correct? Then the event fires and they US Navy becomes hostile. When I go to God's eye view, all US Navy ships are hostile. Without that though, initial contact with US Navy units shows them as neutral.

I just want to make sure I am seeing what you want.
ExNusquam

Post by ExNusquam »

Exactly, the lone ship (Sims) has violated an exclusion zone and is considered hostile, while the side as a whole is still neutral. Once the event fires, the whole side should become hostile, but the contacts never change.

Return to “Tech Support”