Russians in Ukraine

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

delete1

RE: Russians in Ukraine

Post by delete1 »

[:D]
Attachments
Is this th..sian ___.jpg
Is this th..sian ___.jpg (133.96 KiB) Viewed 1119 times
Alex1812

Post by Alex1812 »

yes, and Tazak, there are no Russians in your photo. It is Ukrainian army equipped with Ukrainian BTR-3 and typical Ukrainian trunks (KRAZ-6322, I think) [:)]
Grenadier, Russian Corps
Napoleonic Wargame Club
ivanov

Post by ivanov »

Here you go:

Regular Russian army troops captured during the battle of Ilovaisk.

All of them managed to survive the battle and return to Russia.

They all have been identified.
Lest we forget.
TheWombat_matrixforum

Post by TheWombat_matrixforum »

The tank in the "before" picture has an icon on it, the Jesus pic that is generally characteristic of the separatists as opposed to the Kiev forces as far as I know. So it seems to be in use with the separatists and not the Ukrainian army, at least. That's about all I can add :)

Though it creeps me out greatly when I see the videos and photos of tanks going into battle with religious banners flying; as a Jew, it reminds me a little too much of an old Russian pastime, the pogrom....
ivanov

Post by ivanov »

Russia Inadvertently Posts Its Casualties In Ukraine: 2,000 Deaths, 3,200 Disabled

If you want to know what's up, just follow the money trail...
Lest we forget.
taijeronv

Post by taijeronv »

Interesting thread, especially for someone who has spent eight months in the ATO monitoring the "ceasefire".
ivanov

Post by ivanov »

ORIGINAL: taijeronv

Interesting thread, especially for someone who has spent eight months in the ATO monitoring the "ceasefire".

First hand accounts are welcomed ;)
Lest we forget.
taijeronv

Post by taijeronv »

I won't get into any of the back and forth that's going on. I'll leave it up to you guys to figure out how you feel about things. Besides in my experience most people will believe what they want no matter what. I would say don't believe what you read, sometimes it's not even close. Trust me I've seen media reports on things that I have firsthand knowledge of and it was straight up science fiction.

delete1

Post by delete1 »

+1...I can tell you science fiction media reports are not only a "privilege" of the eastern side...I am not referring only to the Ukrainian crisis. I have seen crap and incomplete info's from supposed serious western media regarding topics I coincidently was involved with. I do understand your point. Cheers!
Tazak

Post by Tazak »

So should we start a Russians in Syria thread, this one seems to have gone stale [:D]
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
ivanov

Post by ivanov »

ORIGINAL: Tazak

So should we start a Russians in Syria thread, this one seems to have gone stale [:D]

I've been containing myself really hard from doing that, but I've already gathered a lot of info about that. Also overdue material for this thread, like fotos of T-90 in Ukraine [X(]

Ps. Greetings from sunny Syria:

imagenes gratis
Lest we forget.
TheWombat_matrixforum

Post by TheWombat_matrixforum »

The truly ironic thing is, Russians in Syria to support Assad may well be the best way to stymie ISIS. As horrid as Assad is in many ways, I defy anyone to say, with a straight face, that Syria is better off now than before the civil war started. And as much as I find Putin odious, in most respects, I think he's largely correct in his strategic assessment of Syria. At least the Russian approach has the virtue of logic and consistency, things conspicuously absent from the Western response.

Now, what these young tourists pictured above are actually going to be doing is up for grabs. In the short term, probably nothing. One does have to consider the "Da Nang approach," though. In 1965 we put Marines ashore in Vietnam to protect the airbase at Da Nang. That soon expanded into full-on ground operations, as the operational needs of protection tended to escalate--the air base to support bombing, troops to guard the air base, patrols to ensure the safety of the troops, sweeps to protect the patrols, ad infinitum. Whether that will happen in Syria is yet to be seen.
delete1

Post by delete1 »

I dont find Putin any more odious than any other politician worldwide, but this is just me.

Putin Explains Russia's Syrian Policy

Dushanbe speech slams west's regime change agenda - calls for closing ranks against Islamic State

A summit meeting of Eurasian States in the Tajik capital Dushanbe has provided Putin with a platform to set out Russia’s position on the Syrian crisis.

As is often the case with Putin’s speeches, the Western media has barely reported it. Instead there continues to be the usual ill-informed speculation “about what Russia is doing in Syria”, founded on farfetched claims of grand Russian geopolitical strategies spiced up with false reports of Russian military activity.

In essence what Putin is saying is very simple: the Islamic State is an existential threat to everyone and all those involved in the Syrian civil war should put aside their differences and their geopolitical strategies to combine against it.

To that end Putin proposes a revival of what is in essence the peace plan to bring an end to the Syrian conflict proposed by Kofi Annan at the Geneva Conference in 2012 – that there should be negotiations between the Syrian factions to set up a power sharing government until a final settlement of the conflict can be agreed.

As Putin points out, Assad has accepted this proposal (“President Assad is ready to involve the moderate segment of the opposition forces in these processes, in managing the state”).

At the same time Putin restates that Russia will continue to provide the Syrian military with the supplies it needs to sustain itself, though he is careful to say that this is “necessary military technology assistance” – not (so far) active involvement in the fighting by the Russian military. Putin does not rule that possibility out but it is clear he only envisages it taking place as part of a broad international coalition against the Islamic State.

Above all Putin remains adamantly opposed to regime change. He points out that it is the West’s relentless pursuit of regime change that has destabilized the entire region, and which has caused the refugee exodus.

http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/p ... icy/ri9761
delete1

Post by delete1 »

Reality Check: U.S. Policies in Middle East Responsible For Refugee Crisis in Europe

19 million people have been forced to flee their home countries in the Middle East and Africa because of war, persecution and oppression. 42,500 more refugees join that group every day.

The biggest driver of the refugee crisis by far is Syria. Four million people—nearly one-fifth of Syria's population—have fled the country since 2011.

So what is the source of this crisis? Something most media won't say. It started with the war in Iraq.

The United States blew that country apart looking for weapons of mass destruction that did not exist. And after more than 10 years of trying to unsuccessfully piece Iraq back together—after losing thousands of U.S. soldiers, more than $1 trillion and half a million Iraqis dead—we moved on.

But what started under President George W. Bush was continued under President Barack Obama, who went on to create regime change in Libya through the killing of Muammar Gaddafi. That move sent Libya into its current chaos, and made Libya the door to Europe for refugees.

And we backed the Saudis in their attempt to over throw Bashar Al Assad in Syria. While unsuccessful, we did manage to arm and train fighters with the Free Syrian Army who would later defect to Al Nusra Front and to ISIS.

As for ISIS themselves, when that group suddenly emerged in Iraq, where did they get the power and the ability to rise so fast?

ISIS seized thousands of Humvees, armored vehicles and weapons that the United States Military left in Iraq after the war. And yes, we left behind $6 billion worth.

What you need to know is that today we are reaping a decade and a half of foreign policy consequences. Tens of millions of people have died or been displaced because of U.S. policies in the Middle East.

Those people are not simply numbers. They are, in fact, people. Children, women and men—casualties of a so-called war on terror.

Yet over a decade and a half of war, drone strikes, thousands of lives lost and trillions of dollars spent—and consider that today in the Middle East, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Syria, Yemen and much of Africa—terror groups are actually larger and more numerous than when the war on terror first began.

Read more at http://freedomoutpost.com/2015/09/reali ... eLswJmr.99
delete1

Post by delete1 »

"The war on terror, that campaign without end launched 14 years ago by George Bush, is tying itself up in ever more grotesque contortions. On Monday the trial in London of a Swedish man, Bherlin Gildo, accused of terrorism in Syria, collapsed after it became clear British intelligence had been arming the same rebel groups the defendant was charged with supporting."

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... syria-iraq
EustachyWisniewski

Re: Russians in Ukraine

Post by EustachyWisniewski »

does anyone have any updates?
Zakalwe101

Post by Zakalwe101 »

I'VE COME BACK TO THIS FORUM AFTER SOME TIME AND WAS ASTONISHED TO FIND THIS THREAD. FRANKLY I CANT SEE ANY BENEFIT AT ALL IN HAVING THIS THREAD ON A GAME FORUM SITE -- IT COULD ONLY HAVE RESULTED IN A FORUM FOR A TORRENT OF RABID RUSSIAN ZOMBIE SLAVES TO PUSH A PRO KREMLIN NARRATIVE. PEPPERED WITH EXCUSES FOR THE APPALLING WAR CRIME CRIMES COMMITTED BY THE RUSSIAN ARMY AT THE BEHEST OF THE KLEPTOCRATIC AUTHORITARIAN CHILD MURTDERER PUTIN REGIME. EXCUSES ARE PRESENTED ALONG THE LINES OF THE AMERICANS DID IT AT ABU GHRAIB -ITS THAT KIND OF MORALE EQUIVALENCY THAT TURNS MY STOMACH - TO ARGUE THAT A FAILED PRISON REGIME IS EQUIVALENT TO A STATE RUN TERROR REGIME IS APPALLING -- THINK ON THE TIED UP CIVILIANS MURDERED IN BUCHA , IF YOU FIND EXCUSES FOR THAT THEN YOU ARE AS COMPLICIT TO IT JUST AS THE GERMANS WHO TURNED A BLIND EYE TO THE NAZI DEATH CAMPS.
THERE ARE ARE SOME SHAMELESS POSTERS ON THIS THREAD AND I AM REALLY ASTONISHED A MODERATOR STARTED IT , AND LET IT CONTINUE - I AM SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING NOT BUYING ANY PRODUCTS FROM THIS PUBLISHER - I SERIOUSLY QUESTION THE MOTIVATION AND SENSE OF PROPRIETY (DAMMIT THIS IS A GAME SITE - ITS ALREADY MORALLY QUESTIONABLE TO BE GAMING SOMETHING SET IN OUR OWN LIFE TIME) IN THE DECISION TO COMMENCE THIS THREAD REGARDLESS OF THE CONTENT INITIAL COMMENT BEING CRITICAL OF THE RUSSIAN CABAL.
Nami Koshino

Post by Nami Koshino »

Most of the political content on this thread is over seven years old and should have just been left buried. :roll:
Rincov

Post by Rincov »

EustachyWisniewski wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:56 pm does anyone have any updates?
Yes, there are a lot EustachyWisniewski, old and new info that gives a proper picture of this entire situation. You just have to do some digging. I suggest you read analysis from Prof. John J. Mearsheimer (American political scientist and international relations scholar), Col McGreggor (retired U.S. Army Colonel), Jacques Baud (ex-member of the Swiss strategic intelligence) just to name a few...some scarse voices that shed some light in this wave of deception, propagation of own selective facts, selective moralism, psychological warfare, censoship of counterclaims, short and selective memories and so on that the world is in...which brings nothing for us to really solve our problems. It just condemns us repeating and repeating again the same errors from the past...and keep people screaming in capslock.

If you are really interest, here below are few suggestions to get started.

The Road To War - By Jacques Baud
(https://natyliesbaldwin.com/2022/04/jac ... ad-to-war/)

Why the Ukraine Crisis Is the West’s Fault - By Prof. John J. Mearsheimer.
(https://www.mearsheimer.com/wp-content/ ... sis-Is.pdf)

8 years on, the Ukrainian crisis is still the West’s fault - By Prof. John J. Mearsheimer.
(https://mronline.org/2022/03/15/8-years ... sts-fault/)

Western media and the war on truth in Ukraine - Deception is at the heart of all warfare - Al Jazeera.
(https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2022 ... n-truth-in)

"Counter-Offensive" - You Keep Using That Word - William Schryver.
(https://www.imetatronink.com/2022/09/co ... -that.html)

The United States Could Not Win and Will Not Fight a War Against Russia - William Schryver.
https://imetatronink.substack.com/p/the ... in-andhtml

The Inexorable Crowbar of Geography - László Bernát Veszprémy.
(https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... geography/)

Cheers
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

To be clear, politics are not allowed in our forums. This appears to have been revived from a 2015 thread.

Consider this an official warning above to those who responded in the last few posts politically. Any further attempt to continue this will result in temporary bans.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”