Reinforcement?

Post new mods and scenarios here.
davidss

Reinforcement?

Post by davidss »

Hi Steve,
Is Reinforcement and active function in BGroups LSA ... and if yes, under what conditions is it activated.
And any other relative info
Thank you :)
SteveMcClaire

RE: Reinforcement?

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi davidss,

I'm not sure what you mean by 'an active function'? Reinforcements in LSA occur automatically based on data from FPoos.txt. You can not hit 'reinforce' on the BG screen to refill your FP, as you did in some earlier versions of CC, if that's what you mean. There is no way to turn this old feature 'on' as the mechanism did not make sense for the Market Garden campaign and thus was completely replaced.

Steve
davidss

Post by davidss »

Hi Steve,
I meant active similar to TLD, where a BG would reach a certain low point of it's Force Pool strength and then a reinforcement button would appear as an option to use.
I understand now that there is no reason to wait for this button to appear :)

Also, questions:
I see that for reinforcement to occur there is also a supply requirement option.
Required Supply (0 = none, 2 = full)
1.If 0 is selected, does that mean this add will happen even if BG cannot trace friendly maps to major depot?
2.And if 2 is selected, then BG must trace friendly maps back to major depot.

3.Also, I'm working on something that is as times using 1 ... I'm assuming this needs to be changed to 0 or 2?

4.does the column "I" in BGroups have any effect in LSA?
(0 = none, 1+ = # times BG can reinforce)

Thank you :)
davidss

Post by davidss »

finished some testing.

1. using 1 does allow reinforcement, but not when route to friendly depot is cut-off by enemy occupied map
2. using 0 allows reinforcement, even when route back is cut-off
3. not sure what 2 does
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

There are three levels of supply:

0 - No supply level is required to receive these reinforcements. You will always get them.

1 - Limited supply (from a minor depot like those on the LZs) is required. If you can't trace a supply line to a minor or major depot you won't get this reinforcement.

2 - Full supply. You will only get this reinforcement if you can trace a supply line to a major depot.

If reinforcements are not added due to lack of supply there is a separate column that says whether they never show up or whether they will continue to be checked each turn until the required supply line is established.

Column "I" in BGroups.txt has no effect in LSA, but was maintained for ease of porting mods.

Steve
davidss

Post by davidss »

Thanks Steve for answers ... nice to take the guess work out of equation.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”