Problem in fly support attack combat / Resolve

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

jean charles

Problem in fly support attack combat / Resolve

Post by jean charles »

Hello again,

There is a fly combat and a bug come after a dice roll, i can't finish the combat, te combat windows is blocked. I relauch the game, and game come again.

Best regards
Attachments
Sept201509.zip
(1.47 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
Centuur

RE: Problem in fly support attack combat

Post by Centuur »

The form of the Air to air die roll is sometimes put behind the air-to-air form itself (which is also the reason why it is so very difficult to fix this bug). Try pressing F10 and close the form that appears than. That should force the right window to appear.
Peter
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: jean charles

Hello again,

There is a fly combat and a bug come after a dice roll, i can't finish the combat, te combat windows is blocked. I relauch the game, and game come again.

Best regards
Using your saved game, I was unable to reproduce the problem you reported.

Is it possible that you haven't noticed the Message Panel that pops up in the Air-to-air Combat form? After each die roll, the Message Panel appears (it temporarily overlays other information) with instructions on how to proceed.

For instance, if a unit were aborted, it would instruct the player to choose which unit to abort by clicking on a front fighter or bomber. If there weren't any fighters, then you would only need to click on OK because the front bomber would automatically be aborted.

What I am thinking is that because the abort/clear/destroy choices are sometimes automatically selected (when there is only one choice), you might not be expecting to have to click on a unit depiction.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Larry Smith

Post by Larry Smith »

Sometimes the window you need to proceed to the next step gets stuck behind another window. Try minimizing the windows, or check your task bar to see if something is hiding behind something else.
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

It's an annoying bug, which is difficult to fix, because it doesn't always happen. I've got it in about 1 in 20 air-to-air battles. But every time I recreate the exact situation from scratch, I can't recreate the bug. It than lies dormant for a while and suddenly pops up again in another air-to-air battle.

To be honest, I've give up on ever being able to recreate this one for Steve...
Peter
jean charles

Post by jean charles »

Thanks for the answer
TrogusP96

Post by TrogusP96 »

I have had the same problem about 1 in 3 times but cannot save nor click on any unit icon after the first or even both combat die rolls. Where is the second form. The large form showing the fighters and bombers in two boxes wont close, i.e Form 8.7.2.4 in Player's manual 2.

What am i missing?
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

There's probably a form hidden behind the screen. In most cases, you can force this form on top by pressing the F10 bottom en closing that form. If that doesn't do the trick, you might be able to force the missing form on top by clicking on the MWIF icon on the Windows task bar, or by using this task bar to go to a another program and back to MWIF again.

However, there are some moments where even those options are not able to fix this problem. In such a case, you have to go back to a previously saved game (which is also the reason why it is best to save a game just before ending the interception phases).

It's an annoying bug, which is almost impossible to recreate.
Peter

Return to “Tech Support”