[FIXED DB v441] Please correct max depth for SSN PLA-685 Mike (Plavnik)

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

aardvarck

[FIXED DB v441] Please correct max depth for SSN PLA-685 Mike (Plavnik)

Post by aardvarck »

Hello Dear Dev & Support Teams!

I'm a "Command: Modern Air /Naval Operations" user (bought the game from Steam under aardvarck87 Steam account ).

First of all, let me thank your Dev & Support Teams for the great game & job that was done. It's fantastic!

That's a real pleasure to play this game, it has very sophisticated and intransigent approach to realism & details in modelling modern naval and air warfare.

I'm kindly asking you to correct one important detail - there is Soviet Submarine SSN PLA-685 Mike (Plavnik), which historically has greater max depth than it's currently modelled in game.

In-game Database Viewer says that max.depth for this class of submarines (btw, there was just one, "Komsomolets" "Êîìñîìîëåö" - in russian) is 700 meters, however that's not very accurate - real max depth for this submarine was: 1,000 m safe, 1,250 m design, 1,500 m crush.

Evidence: Wikipedia, Soviet_submarine_K-278_Komsomolets

Also, according Wikipedia, "On 4 August 1984 K-278 reached a record submergence depth of 1,020 metres (3,350 feet) in the Norwegian Sea.[1]

The single Project 685 was developed to test technologies for Soviet 4th generation nuclear submarines. Although primarily intended as a developmental model, it was fully combat capable."
Best Regards,
Aardvarck
mikmykWS

RE: Please correct max depth for SSN PLA-685 Mike (Plavnik)

Post by mikmykWS »

Please put DB equests here so they get added to the fix list. We actually do some tracking so it really is important.

tm.asp?m=3436106&mpage=76

Thanks!

Mike

Return to “Tech Support”