V1.09 Have the radar model been tweaked?

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Schr75

V1.09 Have the radar model been tweaked?

Post by Schr75 »

Hi all

First of all. RC5 B740 is awesome. All lag issues with the UI are gone. Nice work devs, and much appreciated.

And now to my question.

Playing First Contact 2016, I realized the russians were having a lot more trouble detecting my stealth missile boats, than they used to have.

I actually managed to sink all four russian ships within 45 seconds in a coordinated missile attack, without any of my ships ever being id´ed as hostile.

I was never able to do this before, so...

Have the radar model been tweaked regarding stealth ships and land masking, or have the Norwegian ships just become stealthier in the new DB?

Personally I feel that this is more realistic, but I have absolutely no personal experience, so I´m just guessing.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Søren

SIDE: Russia
===========================================================

LOSSES:
-------------------------------
2x MPK Gremyashchy [Pr.2038.5, Improved Steregushchy]
2x MRK Nanuchka III [Pr.1234.1 Ovod]

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
30x SA-N-21c Growler [9M96]
27x 100mm/59 A-190 Frag
7x AK-630M 30mm/65 Gatling Burst [400 rnds]
8x PK-10 Flare [SO-50]
4x PK-16 Flare [TST-60U]

SIDE: Norway

LOSSES:

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
24x Naval Strike Missile (NSM)

SIDE: Neutral

LOSSES:

EXPENDITURES:
------------------

17-10-2016 05:08: Score changed from 0 to 200. Reason: Event Action: 'Russian FFG Sunk' has been fired (part of Event: 'Russian FFG Sunk')

17-10-2016 05:08: Score changed from 200 to 400. Reason: Event Action: 'Russian FFG Sunk' has been fired (part of Event: 'Russian FFG Sunk')

17-10-2016 05:09: Score changed from 400 to 550. Reason: Event Action: 'Russian Missile Boat Sunk' has been fired (part of Event: 'Russian Missile Boat Sunk')

17-10-2016 05:09: Score changed from 550 to 700. Reason: Event Action: 'Russian Missile Boat Sunk' has been fired (part of Event: 'Russian Missile Boat Sunk')

ComDev

RE: V1.09 Have the radar model been tweaked?

Post by ComDev »

Yes, the RCS's have been fixed [;)]

Are further refinements coming in v1.10, such as improvements to the clutter model and handling of periscope detection.

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
Schr75

Post by Schr75 »

ORIGINAL: emsoy

Yes, the RCS's have been fixed [;)]

Are further refinements coming in v1.10, such as improvements to the clutter model and handling of periscope detection.

Great news, and I thought they were a bit easier to kill.
I must admit, I felt pretty great when I managed to kill them all within 45 seconds.

I have managed to kill all the russians before, but that took some luck and fancy maneuvering.

You guys never seize to amaze me.

Keep it up, and don´t forget to sleep once in a while.

Søren
giantsquid

Post by giantsquid »

Happy to hear that. We discussed about this days ago, right about First contact scenario.
Great work as always.

Francesco

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”