question about research bonus

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Blueinstinct

question about research bonus

Post by Blueinstinct »

So how do research location Bonuses work?
Atm I think that only the best location bonus will be applied no matter how many location boni I have.
Of that is true, will that bonus be applied to all labs in my empire or just the ones at the location?

If bonus Is applied everywhere, wouldn't it be best to have all labs in 1 place like a spaceport, and only have 1
lab in the stations at the research location.

Would that kind of setup yield the maximum possible total research?

And what about scientists?
How many of those can be used, and how?
Tnx and greetings
Skasski

RE: question about research bonus

Post by Skasski »

Only the best total bonus will be applied. This happens individually for the three different research areas. It is applied globally. "Total bonus" is calculated as location bonus + local scientist bonus.

If I remember correct multiple scientists in the same research field have some sort of diminishing returns, where the first is used to full efficiency, the next one at a half, or something like that. Not entirely sure, best confirm this yourself ingame.

The possible "Ongoing bonus while repairing advanced ships" sometimes shown in the research screen is very likely misleading. This bonus has never had any effect on my empires' total research output.

Putting most research labs on a single spaceport is an option.
Blueinstinct

RE: question about research bonus

Post by Blueinstinct »

Tnx skasski, u pretty much covered all my questions.

I will have an eye on my scientists,

greetings

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”