Brilliant Victory vs. Normal Victory.

Germany At War: Operation Barbarossa 1941 is an elegant turn-based design, inspired by classics such as Panzer General, but with more of a historical focus. You command the German forces through a branching historical campaign covering the entire 1941 campaign as well as part of the 1942 campaign. Dozens of scenarios stretch from the Soviet border all the way to Archangel and towards Astrakhan, the original military goals of Operation Barbarossa. Step into a wargame where your performance will rewrite history, through an addictive combination of compelling gameplay, realistic events and challenging battles.

Moderator: Ronald Wendt

stormbringer3

Brilliant Victory vs. Normal Victory.

Post by stormbringer3 »

I've always gone for a Brilliant Victory. What are the disadvantages going for a Normal Victory? I know I'll have more turns to accumulate supplies in a Normal Victory. All the manual mentions is that you can get a different path. Should I continue to go fror a Brilliant Victory? Thanks for any opinions.
Ronald Wendt

RE: Brilliant Victory vs. Normal Victory.

Post by Ronald Wendt »

HI Strombringer,

sorry for the late answer, but we were busy due to the release of another game on Steam.

A brilliant victory is not an advantage per se. There is no standard bonus to it. So depending on your situation wasting units/resources may not pay off.

As you stated, again depending on the difficulty/game setting, you might profit by a prolonged mission. But only if the setting gives you resources per turn.

Other aspects are, that you might have advantages during the campaignm, like more support units in a certain battle or you can afford a loss when a less brilliant player gets kicked by the OKH.

And finally there is this nice little medal you get in the campaign list. To get the gold medal, you need brilliant victories.

Conclusion: brilliant victories have their advantages, but they vastly depend on the game you play and the goals you have.

All the best,

Return to “Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941”