Coming back: a few questions

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

speedy.gh

Coming back: a few questions

Post by speedy.gh »

I am coming back to WITE after one year break. I am catching up, but there are still a few things that I can not solve:

a) On turn 1 I can not naval transport the 219st Inf. Div. to Riga despite of having bombing Kuressare and the unit showing a clear path to the city. Is it forbidden now?

b) I can not get any supplies/fuel air transport on my units. My airbases are advance and in supply, so I don't understand why this is not possible.

c) I have seen Pelton AARs keeping track of many things. I am curious about the Soviet industry evacuation and destruction, as I am not able to find information about it in the game. Is this manually done?

Thanks in advance!
heliodorus04

RE: Coming back: a few questions

Post by heliodorus04 »

ORIGINAL: speedy.gh

I am coming back to WITE after one year break. I am catching up, but there are still a few things that I can not solve:

a) On turn 1 I can not naval transport the 219st Inf. Div. to Riga despite of having bombing Kuressare and the unit showing a clear path to the city. Is it forbidden now?
Correct. This exploit has been resolved and this is no longer possible (not a big deal).
ORIGINAL: speedy.gh
b) I can not get any supplies/fuel air transport on my units. My airbases are advance and in supply, so I don't understand why this is not possible.
Big changes here. In order to fly supply or fuel, an airbase must be within 5 Movement Points of the rail supply network at start of turn. Bombers can only fly supply (and only if they are 0% flown, so first mission of turn). Still must be within 20 MPs, too, but that's not as hard as the hex limitation.

[/quote]

Note that HQ buildup is far different too, and in many ways more beneficial to the German, but not as exploitable as previously. Someone more experienced will have to fill you in on those changes.
Fall 2021-Playing: Stalingrad'42 (GMT); Advanced Squad Leader,
Reading: Masters of the Air (GREAT BOOK!)
Rulebooks: ASL (always ASL), Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game
Painting: WHFB Lizardmen leaders
speedy.gh

Post by speedy.gh »

Thanks!

I have reviewed the HQBU in the condensed rules 1.08.03. I don't remeber well how it was, so it is fine as it is right now :)
speedy.gh

Post by speedy.gh »

Then, the final question, how tracking of Industry destroyed is done, manually or can it be consulted somewhere?

Return to “The War Room”