New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Hertston

RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!!

Post by Hertston »

Dunno about tyre pressure and such but I'd have disqualified him just for the haircut. [8|]

Zap

Post by Zap »

ORIGINAL: Orm
Keep 'em coming folks - there are so many good ones
I give it a go then.

I've wondered about those crash helmets. My job requires me to wear a rubber suit and a safety helmet with a flap down plastic visor. It is extremely uncomfortable as sweat rolls off down into my eyes and the visor fogs up and I can't see. These guys must experience something similar or do they have some kind of battery poweredair flow system in their helmet?
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Zap

I give it a go then.

I've wondered about those crash helmets. My job requires me to wear a rubber suit and a safety helmet with a flap down plastic visor. It is extremely uncomfortable as sweat rolls off down into my eyes and the visor fogs up and I can't see. These guys must experience something similar or do they have some kind of battery poweredair flow system in their helmet?
Don't tell me - you work in a padded cell? [;)]
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Zap

I give it a go then.

warspite1

Nico Rosberg confirmed the other day that he uses a tampon to soak up the sweat.....
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Two more faves from yesterjour. Both showing the great effect achieved by putting Red and White together.

Clay Regazonni's I liked as it reflected the Swiss national colours and indeed the white cross appears at the front.

As much as I could not stand Nelson Piquet, he had a very distinctive and striking teardrop helmet design.

Attachments
ClayRegazzoni1977.jpg
ClayRegazzoni1977.jpg (58.7 KiB) Viewed 106 times
piquet.jpg
piquet.jpg (42.1 KiB) Viewed 106 times

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

So Volkswagen - or one of their brands - will be entering F1 by buying the Red Bull team. Doesn't say what will happen to Toro Rosso.....

Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

Glad to hear VW will be in F1. This has been a rumor for years. They will probably be racing as Audi. If they buy both teams, perhaps they will have the other team race as Porsche...
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Yes it's been rumoured, but with Chairman Ferdinand Piech's known hostility to such a thing, there has never been any substance to the rumours. With Piech's recent resignation, things seem to have changed for the better.

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Looks like Mercedes are going to have some serious competition this weekend.....[&:]

AndyG1

Post by AndyG1 »

If it happens VW making an engine, companies they own and could badge as are:-
Porsche, Audi, VW, Lamborghini, Bentley, Bugatti, Seat, Skoda. I think that's it. But that engine could be 2018 debut apparently.

In the meantime, Lotus have 1 week to sort themselves out or tax people in UK will close them down. They've just been to court and been given 1 week only to pay tax etc they owe in UK - no more chances they've been told.

F1 is in a right mess at the moment if you ask me!
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

Looks like the very vain Lewis' blonde hair due didn't work out so well...he should go natural: 70's afro.

Go Vettle...Ricardo...anyone!
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

If Lewis cannot win today, I am desperate for Ricciardo or Kyvat to win. Why? Because the post race comments from Christian Horner and from Renault should be very interesting [:D].

On a more serious note a Renault win will hopefully help them decide to remain in F1.

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

What a real shame - both for Lewis' title hopes and the race. Lewis was catching the front three fast - and with the fast tyres to come - when his engine failed [:(]

As I keep saying, this championship is nowhere near over yet....

Poopyhead

Post by Poopyhead »

IIRC, Mercedes had a half dozen DNF's last year, so that is just something you have to live with. However, the more serious question is have they solved the "unknown" problem that dogged them during the quali in Singapore?

Suzuka will tell.
Astrologers believe that your future is determined on the day that you are born.
Warriors know that your future is determined on the day that your enemy dies.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Poopyhead

IIRC, Mercedes had a half dozen DNF's last year, so that is just something you have to live with. However, the more serious question is have they solved the "unknown" problem that dogged them during the quali in Singapore?

Suzuka will tell.
warspite1

What happened last year is no guarantee for this year. The new engine had problems (for Rosberg) in Italy, and now for Lewis in Singapore.

Suzuka is now incredibly important. If they have lost their way in terms of speed (a la Brawn in H2 2009) then it's Vettel's championship to lose, particularly if the new engine is less reliable [:(]

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

I wonder if VW's woes will make them reconsider an F1 entrance?

Poopyhead

Post by Poopyhead »

What did you think of the "pedestrian" walking on the track? The first second I expected a dynamite vest to go off.

I think that it's against the law to be an idiot in Singapore, so I'm expecting his punishment to involve a cigarette and a blindfold.
Astrologers believe that your future is determined on the day that you are born.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Poopyhead

What did you think of the "pedestrian" walking on the track? The first second I expected a dynamite vest to go off.

I think that it's against the law to be an idiot in Singapore, so I'm expecting his punishment to involve a cigarette and a blindfold.
warspite1

a) He's not the first. There was the Irish priest Neil Horan a few years ago at Silverstone.

b) I think a lot of things are against the law in Singapore - I wish we could adopt some of their laws over here.... [;)]

Attachments
220pxSilv..ne_horan.jpg
220pxSilv..ne_horan.jpg (7.04 KiB) Viewed 106 times

Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

I wonder if VW's woes will make them reconsider an F1 entrance?
It should make them re-evaluate it. It might still be the right thing to do but not reconsider it again seems like malpractice to me. But I suppose that is what they do there. [;)]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Poopyhead

Post by Poopyhead »

More fast cars would be interesting. More slow cars being lapped twice and getting in the way would not be. ;)

Mercedes still don't know (or won't admit) what caused the poor performance in Singapore. Tomorrow, free practice starts. Let's hope that tire PSI isn't the Silver Arrow's Achilles Heel.

Return to “General Discussion”