CMANO v1.09 Release Candidate thread (CURRENT: RC11 - B746)

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

cf_dallas

RE: CMANO v1.09 RELEASE CANDIDATE THREAD

Post by cf_dallas »

ORIGINAL: thewood1
SP customers are typically playing in snatches of time between family and work. I know I play Command a lot, but in no more than 30 minute increments and I go days without playing during heavy workloads.

This. Multiplayer would offer zero additional value to a lot of us.
Formerly cwemyss
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

ORIGINAL: B52H

This is a great update! When do you expect us to see the updated DB?

Soon [8D]

Working working working [:D]

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
Dutchie999

Post by Dutchie999 »

ORIGINAL: cf_dallas

SP customers are typically playing in snatches of time between family and work. I know I play Command a lot, but in no more than 30 minute increments and I go days without playing during heavy workloads.

I totally disagree. Playing against a thinking human being is indefinitely more fun than playing against a computer.

Valar

Post by Valar »

MP would add zero value to me. Same with CM, which I have played since 1999, never MP.

On the other hand, if someone implemented cooperative multiplayer in a wargame, well, then I would have to try it :-)

thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

ORIGINAL: Dutchie999

I totally disagree. Playing against a thinking human being is indefinitely more fun than playing against a computer.

There can be disagreement, but go read the boards of wargame companies that produce more simulation-type games...even flight sims...and you'll see that MP is one lowest value-added features. BFC is the one that stands out as giving numbers and makes a game that parallels Command. MP players are noisy and a lot more prone to be online pushing it, they tend to be in the minority.

Commands own poll of features shows only 6 people out of 400+ see MP as the most important feature for development well below some pretty obscure feature requests.
hellfish6

Post by hellfish6 »

ORIGINAL: Dutchie999

ORIGINAL: cf_dallas

Unless you're anti-social. Like me.
magi

Post by magi »

Very nice indeed… It really runs large scenarios very well… Thank you sir ......
e2204588

Post by e2204588 »

[WAD]

I could not do any manual attack. WAD?

Always got messages like
XXX is dropping YYY from its target list (Reason: The target is not auto-targeted, and no outstanding weapons or assignments against it exist).
Attachments
Phoenixof..na1949.zip
(36.42 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

How about putting that in the support section...more likely to get an answer there.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

And btw, what are you talking about...what unit firing at what unit?

I was able to conduct manual attacks using Shift+F1. Had to make sure ranges were good.

I think the message is coming up because you tried a manual target and the AI couldn't comply, but it also didn't have it on the auto target. So its some kind of warning about that. This exact message was mentioned a week or two ago and I would suggest searching for the thread.
e2204588

Post by e2204588 »

Check attached save file

Seafire attack Ammo Pad with bomb.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

CMANO v1.09 Release Candidate 2 (Build 736)

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B205vp ... sp=sharing

Unzip to your existing CMANO installation folder. (Backup your current Command.exe just in case)

IMPORTANT NOTE: Because of changes in the way that the program checks for a valid license, if you have not actually installed Command on your current OS (e.g. re-installed the OS after installing Command or copied the entire installation folder from another PC etc.) you may get an "insufficient license" warning when attempting to load a scenario. If this is the case then re-install Command. If the problem persists after a proper installation please contact us immediately through PM/email. Thanks!

Fixed/Added:
----------------
Fixed: TeleportInArea was not checking thoroughly enough for destination point suitability
Fixed: #9893: [B735] CZ Rings not displaying
Fixed: #9895: Satellite Pass Predictions Minor UI Bug

* When starting up in Steam mode, Command now refuses to proceed if the Steam client is not running. (The presence of the Steam client is necessary in the Steam version in order to perform the license checks).
e2204588

Post by e2204588 »

And btw, what are you talking about...what unit firing at what unit?

I was able to conduct manual attacks using Shift+F1. Had to make sure ranges were good.

I think the message is coming up because you tried a manual target and the AI couldn't comply, but it also didn't have it on the auto target. So its some kind of warning about that. This exact message was mentioned a week or two ago and I would suggest searching for the thread.

But it worked before.
If a manual target requires target in range, it will be difficult to use dumb bomb manually.
Because you need wait until aircraft close target.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Please post this on the tech support forum. Thanks!
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

ORIGINAL: fool12342000

Check attached save file

Seafire attack Ammo Pad with bomb.

I ran it, but at the time you gave 0 info on the units that you were trying to use. As I said, I had no issue manually attacking an ammo pad with any aircraft once they were in range.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

That is now manual targeting works...otherwise use auto or a mission.

edit...ran it twice each for manual, mission, and just hitting F1. All ran flawlessly. Then I went in to ROE and allowed opportunity attacks and had the flight overfly the ammo pad...results were all bombs dropped. Granted manually is a little difficult with iron bombs, but that is why I always do iron bomb runs with auto or through missions.
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

ORIGINAL: fool12342000
I could not do any manual attack. WAD?
Always got messages like
XXX is dropping YYY from its target list (Reason: The target is not auto-targeted, and no outstanding weapons or assignments against it exist).
fool12342000, try uncheck this option, maybe it helps

Attachments
SalvoCancel.jpg
SalvoCancel.jpg (128.17 KiB) Viewed 141 times
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

It had no impact on the save he sent. I left it on.
Tomcat84

Post by Tomcat84 »

Actually you are incorrect in this case, it does have an impact, which you can see if you play around with it. It also is the answer to his question of being able to allocate while the aircraft are still out of range.

If auto salvo cancellation is enabled, i.e. that box is checked, then after you allocate the iron bombs, if the unit is not in range within 40 seconds, the allocation is cancelled. If you disable auto salvo cancellation, i.e. box is NOT checked, then this does not happen and he can allocate the weapons from far away and after plot them to get in range without the 40 second limit.
My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

It had no impact on auto attacks. I didn't know that about that switch. That is why I never used manual bombing with iron bombs. Will have to play with it.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”