Babes against the AI?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

SigUp

Babes against the AI?

Post by SigUp »

Just asking, compared to the stock scenarios, is it possible to play either BabesLite or BigBabes against the Allied AI?
Yaab

RE: Babes against the AI?

Post by Yaab »

I play DaBigBabes C as Allies against the Jap AI. Feels like the stock AI, haven't noticed any difference in the AI performance. Progressed until December 31, 1941. I use several self-imposed house rules to give the AI a boost.
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

I've had the same experience. DaBabes isn't a radical departure from the stock scenarios, so the scripts work OK and even take advantage of the extra units.
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
SigUp

Post by SigUp »

Okay, thanks, that was quite helpful. While I'm already at it, can the AI work with the enhanced stacking limits, or should I stick to the stock data?
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

AFAIK, the AI will ignore stacking limits, but I cannot say if it overstacks in places like China - too early in the campaign. Maybe other players can chime in?
DD696

Post by DD696 »

I'm 99.99% sure that the AI ignores stacking limits as well as garrison requirements.

Edit: To clarify, if you play against the AI then you are bound by the stacking limits and garrison requirements. The AI ignores them and follows the scripts.
USMC: 1970-1977. A United States Marine.
We don't take kindly to idjits.
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

The AI ignores stacking limits but that doesn't prevent a player from using them to get a more realistic gaming experience.

I play solo and have used stacking limits in every game I have played since they became available.

For the most part the AI does not use death star stacks anyway so it really isn't that big a deal.

If you play on Hard difficulty setting the AI is not going to be affected by the supply penalties for its overstacking.
Hans

SigUp

Post by SigUp »

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

If you play on Hard difficulty setting the AI is not going to be affected by the supply penalties for its overstacking.
So on lower difficulties the AI will suffer from the penalties if it overstacks?
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

No. The AI completely ignores stacking limits of any kind since stacking limit are an 'add' on that the core AI routines know nothing about.
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

No. The AI completely ignores stacking limits of any kind since stacking limit are an 'add' on that the core AI routines know nothing about.
But I think it WILL suffer the penalties. As you state, it will overstack. Unless Michael specifically wrote in a bunch of code to exclude the AI player from stacking limit penalties, the AI will get penalized.
I haven't checked though. Have to sandbox it on an overstacked atoll.
Pax

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”