Change game settings....

RogerJNeilson

Change game settings....

Post by RogerJNeilson »

Clicking to see what i can do I get this message.....

Roger

Attachments
Screenshot..23.27.54.jpg
Screenshot..23.27.54.jpg (23.89 KiB) Viewed 378 times
An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
Leibst

RE: Change game settings....

Post by Leibst »

Try launching the game as admin.
Designer of AGEOD & HQ English Civil War, Thirty Years War and España:1936
Designer of Battles For Spain and Libertad o Muerte!
https://hqwargames.com
RogerJNeilson

Post by RogerJNeilson »

1. A far as I am aware I am the admin, using W7. If not then I wonder why a simple setting change needs to have a special log in?
2. How come the message is not in English?

Roger
An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
Pocus

Post by Pocus »

Even if you are in Admin, the UAC (User Account Control) in Seven is very sensitive to any attempt into writing or creating a file in C:\Program Files. You should probably lower it one notch. Windows 8 is better on that. This is on Config Panel / Maintenance Center.

As for the the message being partly in French, that's a limitation of the compiler I'm using, some low levels messages are using strings from the language I'm using. Sorry for that. The message says that the game is prevented from creating a file.
AGEOD Team
Dino_SWE

Post by Dino_SWE »

You could also try copying the file in question to the desktop, and then paste it back overwiritng the old one to remove the odd restrictions.

I did this with several of the configuration files in order to change stuff like the stupid scroll sensitivity defaults.
Turns out the game choppyness was due to these default settings rather than my hardware.

Return to “Tech Support”