filters and stuff

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

bstarr

filters and stuff

Post by bstarr »

I've been away for a long time and when I come back there's these things called filters and all sorts of
new toys for modders to play with. Maybe they were there before, but I don't remember them.
Is there a certain patch note or list of changes I need to read to bring me up to speed?

I do have one specific question. I've searched around and come up with this

Filter Values are:
0 – all
1 – city attacks
2 - used for naval attacks
4 - alternate for naval attack (like torp replacement)
8 - used for land (ground) attack
16 - used for port attack
32 - used for AF attack
64 - used for ASW attack

If I want to create a special, say, AF attack but leave everything else as is will the computer know that the bomb
load that is filter "0" is to be used for everything else or will it add the bomb load with a filter of "0" giving
the plane both the regular bomb load PLUS the one designated as filter "32"? In other words if I create one
special bomb load do I have to delete the original and create a bomb load for every circumstance.

And where is everybody??? I feel like Rumpelstiltskin. I wake up and everything has changed. Where's Bob?
What happened to CHS?

LargeSlowTarget

RE: filters and stuff

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

0 will add the associated bomb load to the loads of other filters. It can be difficult to create loads for each mission type if too many machine gun positions, but filters can add-up i.e. using 48 will give same load for port and AF > 16 + 32
bstarr

RE: filters and stuff

Post by bstarr »

Okay, that really answers my main question. Thanks :)

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”