[USER ERROR: READ THE DARN MANUAL :-))] Automatic strike

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Chris21wen

[USER ERROR: READ THE DARN MANUAL :-))] Automatic strike

Post by Chris21wen »

This might be another dumb question.

This is Uncle Mark's Tutorial 1.

In the pic all three of the SAGs' helios have been assigned to an ASW patrol of the highlighted area. Initially only one was available the other to being readied. The Goblin contact appeared and I set my sub to investigate. The Everything was progressing nicely until the two helios became ready when they immediately took off to, I assume investigate the goblin contact which is way out of range of either the Lynx or Wasp helios. I reloaded to the time the goblin turned up and the helio that was initially airborne was also sent to investigate the contact.

My initial question was 'how do I prevent this from happening' as it's out of range of the helios. I've since noticed the 'Investigate contacts outside the patrol area' was ticked. This explains why they left the patrol area but not why they apparently ignored range.

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (74.12 KiB) Viewed 43 times
Chris21wen

RE: Automatic strike

Post by Chris21wen »

Save of the intitial contact.
Attachments
a.zip
(41.14 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
jtoatoktoe

Post by jtoatoktoe »

Yeah sometimes these things happen. They probably thing they can get to it, just wouldn't have much loiter time.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

btw, page 71 in the manual...

"Set “Investigate Contacts Outside Patrol Area” If checked, the units assigned to the mission will leave the patrol area to investigate/identify nearby contacts. If unchecked they will restrict their activities only to their defined area."

There is also information on the board and at Baloogan's site with tips on setting up missions. I suspect your range answer is there somewhere.

Can I suggest before coming on the board with a question, search the manual and board.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: thewood1

btw, page 71 in the manual...

"Set “Investigate Contacts Outside Patrol Area” If checked, the units assigned to the mission will leave the patrol area to investigate/identify nearby contacts. If unchecked they will restrict their activities only to their defined area."

There is also information on the board and at Baloogan's site with tips on setting up missions. I suspect your range answer is there somewhere.

Can I suggest before coming on the board with a question, search the manual and board.

I respectfully point you to this sentence in my post.

'I've since noticed the 'Investigate contacts outside the patrol area' was ticked. This explains why they left the patrol area but not why they apparently ignored range.'

I did look hence the sentence but nothing explains the range problem. The target was 250nm away the helios have half that range at most.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

The fact you pointed that out says you didn't read the manual...straight off. You have come in and asked a bunch of questions that could easily be answered by reading the manual, searching the forum, reading the FAQ, or just plain playing a little with the game.

I am a big believer in helping people help themselves. But you have to want to do it.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: thewood1

The fact you pointed that out says you didn't read the manual...straight off. You have come in and asked a bunch of questions that could easily be answered by reading the manual, searching the forum, reading the FAQ, or just plain playing a little with the game.

I am a big believer in helping people help themselves. But you have to want to do it.

Thanks, you really are helpful.

Return to “Tech Support”