Binding Classes

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

DOCUP

Binding Classes

Post by DOCUP »

I am trying to Bind the Omaha CL to a CVL and CLAA in the editor. I have the CVL binded from day one, now how do I get the CLAA to work?
Admiral DadMan

RE: Binding Classes

Post by Admiral DadMan »

Binding (unlike Upgrades) allows multiple classes to be grouped together like branches on a tree, whereas Upgrades are a singular one-to-one relationship.

Think of the bind number as a junction box, with a series of conduits from one or more classes to one or more others.

To illustrate, I'll use the class slot numbers from a mod I'm currently doing:

You want to make a convervsion path
-from your CL Omaha class (avail 12/41) in slot 407
-to your CLAA Omaha class (avail 12/41) in slot 809 AND
-to your CVL Omaha class (avail 12/41) in slot 814

So, in our minds, let's create Bind 1401.
In slot 407, check the box "Convert from class" and enter 1401 the box to the right of it.
In slot 809, check the box "Convert to class" and enter 1401 in the box to the right.
In slot 814, check the box "Convert to class" and enter 1401 in the box to the right.

You now have set your conversion path FROM CL Omaha TO either CLAA Omaha OR CVL Omaha.

Be sure to add the number of days in the "Conversion Delay" box if you want it to take time to do the conversion, and the "Upgrade Shipyard Size" if you want the conversion to be done in a port with a Repair Shipyard of appropriate size (e.g. "10" = 10,000 ton minimum Repair Shipyard).

Attachments
bind.jpg
bind.jpg (559.59 KiB) Viewed 29 times
Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
Admiral DadMan

RE: Binding Classes

Post by Admiral DadMan »

If your turn date is 7 Dec 41, then both of your destination classes (CLAA and CVL) are available, so you can choose whether to go to CLAA or CVL.

If your CVL were not available until 1/42, then you could only choose the CLAA conversion, or wait for the CVL class conversion to become available.

Look at the lower right, I now have the ability to convert CL Raleigh to a CLAA or a CVL. If you don't convert, then on Apr 42 it will Upgrade to the next CL in the class:

Attachments
OmahaPanel.jpg
OmahaPanel.jpg (245.22 KiB) Viewed 28 times
Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
DOCUP

any suggestions

Post by DOCUP »

Thanks admiral.

Anyone got any know of any other ship conversions or adding any plausible ships? Or for that matter anything.
DOCUP

G8 CLV

Post by DOCUP »

Anybody got the art fir a G8 and some stats on her. That I could have. Maybe a late war CLAA For Japan.
John 3rd

RE: G8 CLV

Post by John 3rd »

Isn't that what we have in Treaty and BTS? It SHOULD be the G8 with a conversion into a Hiryu Class CV.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

JOHN: I thought the G6 was in BTS, and the treaty mod. I am wanting the one with a full flight deck and 6in guns under it. I figure this configuration might carry a few more planes.

I don't know if I want use two different types for Japan. I am not able to do turns currently. So I am having withdraws. Thinking of ideas is the next best thing.

Come on guys I need a discussion. Oh John you said you had some ideas after you got done reading that book.
DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

I have changed the chitose class seaplane carrier into a CAV. I think a CAV WOULD be more useful than a seaplane carrier. If not tell me.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”