Can't Fire RIM at suface target

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Chris21wen

Can't Fire RIM at suface target

Post by Chris21wen »

The situation is I have a Nanuchka damaged by Hellfires. The briefing says I can fire the RIM at a surface target and the database confirms that surface targets are legal.

The pic shows the situation when I try to manually fire them along with the ship's WRA. So to fire on a surface target I inherit the permission from the scenarios WRA. This says 'System default, 2 rnds'. At this point I'm at a loss to understand why I can't fire the RIM. Any help or guidance in my understanding will be appreciated.

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (201.7 KiB) Viewed 77 times
wild_Willie2

RE: Can't Fire RIM at suface target

Post by wild_Willie2 »

Go to the doctrine window and change the "use SAM's in anti-surface mode" setting to yes, now you can fire SAM's against surface targets
In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.
Tomcat84

Post by Tomcat84 »

Willie beat me to it.

But here's a picture anyway [:D]

My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Literally 10 seconds searching SAM and surface gave me the answer with a couple results of the top.

tm.asp?m=3488125&mpage=1&key=SAM%2Csurface&#3488125

wild_Willie2

Post by wild_Willie2 »

ORIGINAL: Tomcat84

Willie beat me to it.

That's what happens if you have a recent PhD in phytopathology and your either over or under qualified for every single job you apply for, you spend your time playing command and trolling the site as a distraction.... :(

W.
In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Good job guys!

Mike
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Wow the answer came in 9 mins and 55 sec, which included the time to write the post. Fantastic job guys!

And as usual I chime in with a link to the Mega FAQ:
http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=2920

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

This crew here is about as good as guys on WitP-AE forum (still unsurpassed with naval WW II knowledge and and helpfulness). [8D]
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

I was looking under WRA for the answer and not the general tab.   This however does not answer the question entirely.  What does the term 'System default' refer too?

thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

So answer this...have you changed the doctrine yet?
wild_Willie2

Post by wild_Willie2 »

The system default number means the number of weapons fired at once at certain types of targets until its destroyed, this setting only applies to weapons automatically fired if the doctrine allows for automatic fire and allows to use SAMs in surface attack mode.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”